Smartproperties

Hello I am on a configuration of the smart and I was asking myself the following question is that on a drop-down menu we can apply an operation of the type integration of a block, let me explain I work in the wood industry and I need to differentiate the direction of the wire, (horizontal, vertical or none) hence the drop-down menu but I would like that when I click on horizontal for example, in my smart it applies an operation to my part.

Is it possible??

Do you want to configure functions so that they activate according to the direction of the wire etc...?

In this case, you have to create configurations (horizontal wire direction, vertical wire direction, etc.)

Then in your functions, right-click on it and select "configure function"

Finally, select the configuration states where the function should be enabled or not

In fact, in my smartproperties I want to select an option and that option executes an operation

So I'm in my SMART and I select horizontal in my drop-down menu and there I would like an operation to happen either by a bonton or by a place with my drop-down menu (see photo)

pb_solid.png

What kind of operation? Can you elaborate?

Like removing material or inserting a block in .sldlfp

Oh d'accrord! I wasn't talking about the same thing.

As much as for me, I don't have the my cad tools module but other members can help you

1 Like

Ok indeed I didn't specify that it's mycad tools

I think it's playable, just create an Option property in the smartproperties with the name "wire direction" for example with the value horrizontal or vertical.

then depending on the horrizontal or vertical choice either to display the property in the drawing (vertical wire direction)

Or else to run a specific macro depending on the choice of option.

To summarize, look in the smartproperties in the help for options (multiple choice) and then execute (macro launch):

1 Like

It's not easy what you want to do.....

Smartproperties "only" manages properties, so it cannot act on the 3D model.

• The only real action on the part is "Material Selection".

Couldn't you manage your thread direction via the Material?

• There is a "Run" option but behind it you need a macro.

This may be a lead to explore: if you manage via a macro to make your block(s) appear, in this case it must be able to do it....

1 Like

I'm going to try with a macro but I'm afraid it will crash everything so the idea of the materials is pretty good

ok it's good it works with the materials thank you all

1 Like