SolidWork Miter Cut and Dimension Sketch

Hello everyone, I've been back with solidwork for a few days. It's been 10 years since I've been there.

I discover the Soudé mechanic who is great. But I have a problem,  I would like the final outer dimensions, once the profiles are in place, to be the dimensions of the sketch. However, with mitre cuts, the final dimension protrudes from the dimension of the sketch,

I'm putting a screenshot in case I didn't make myself clear.

Could you help me to make sure that my sketch dimension is respected?   Is it possible or is it normal  and in this case it is up to me to take into account the overshoots of the profiles in my sketch dimensions?

There you go, you will have understood I am not a pro, I lack vocabulary but your help would be welcome.

Thanks in advance

8utyw9urkc.jpg

Hello

The section of the profile ("Tube NF EN 10219" in your example) is defined by a sketch extracted from a profile library (with SLDLFP extension, by default in C:\Program Files\SOLIDWORKS Corp\SOLIDWORKS (3)\lang\english\weldment profiles).
This sketch is used to "traverse" the contour of the structure, which is itself defined by a sketch (Sketch1).
This is the origin of the profile sketch that is used as a point that coincides with the contour.
For a square or rectangular profile, the origin is often the midpoint of the section, hence the result you obtained...
Default: origin in the center

Simply edit the profile sketch to move the section and locate the origin on its outer edge. This way, the outline sketch will match the outer shape of the structure.
After modification: origin at outer edge

Kind regards

1 Like

Hello

In the "Mechanically Welded Elements" function, there is a "position your profile" section. Simply choose a displayed point and position it on the sketch so that you have your profile at the desired side!

5 Likes

In p.j a capture.

capture.jpg
4 Likes

I confirm the message of @contact_168 you have to edit the mechanically welded function and position the profile on the existing points (see image).

If the points don't exist, just edit the @m.blt method profile and add points where you want, then reload the profile in the room (put another profile, validate and then put the old one back.

In the meantime I see that the bug to post messages is still present since my previous message has disappeared again in a world //.

And during this time 2 answers appeared.

5 Likes

Hello sbadenis,

Yes, indeed I had the same problem for my message that I had to relaunch! Apparently, this bug is still present!!!!!!

2 Likes