SolidWorks: 1 or 2 occurrences in configurations

Hi all

I'm creating a part with one or two instances of a jack.

I was thinking of doing a repeat, then changing the number of repeats, to 1, but SolidWorks 2014 gives me a mistake: a bit tedious to have a red tree!

How do you do it or how would you do it?

Why don't you delete your repetition in the configuration where you only want one occurrence?

3 Likes

You have a config with 1 cylinder and another config with 2 cylinders.

Personally, I would rather manage the state (deleted/not deleted) of the repetition depending on the configurations.

Edit:

Duplicate with Benoit, our messages crossed

3 Likes

Hello

I bring a DIY solution...

leave the repetition at 2 but set the centre distance to  0^^

But it's valid if you don't need to make a nomenclature...

1 Like

Thank you, indeed, we simply have to remove the repetition! Not very awake this morning...

1 Like

Hello

If it's in a room, you can use the "Delete volume/surface" function and remove one of the 2 jacks in the config where there is only one!

A+

sldw_01.jpg
1 Like

Wow!! Are you caretakably too fast for me!!! ^^

1 Like

Thanks for the other 2 solutions, but it makes perfect sense to remove the repetition!

After what bothers me is that during the drawing, I wanted to show the number of occurrences: by having the real number from the repetition, it would be easier! (and that's probably why I wanted a repetition at a single occurrence).

I would have a solution but on Creo  because I don't know if it's done on SW.

When we do a repetition we can deselect certain occurrences that we don't think are useful, so in your case if you do a repetition of 2 and you deselect the 2nd cylinder it could work

It 's true Tomalam, but I don't think we can manage it with configs!

1 Like

Well then in the kind of hack...

Do a "parallel" drilling function of your cylinder. And put it in your repetition. In your drawing, you discreetly insert a "Symbol for drilling" and you modify the comment to say write "x cylinder"

No?

@Tomalam: this is a function that also exists in SolidWorks, but when I remove an occurrence, Solid tells me that it is impossible because it is a repetition without repetition!

1 Like

It's funny, I just tried on 2013 and a repetition with a single occurrence works without problems.

1 Like

@Benoit.LF: I didn't quite understand!

We have to do the play on SW2013 then! ^^

@Pascal at home in 2013 it doesn't work either! A matter of the options of the function? (see image)

@Lucas

I warned that it was a hack!!

You make a small piercing somewhere that you can't see (like Ø0.15) and you repeat this piercing with your jack repeat. In your drawing you dimension it with "Symbol for drilling". The number of entities will be good and you replace the <DIM> initially for the piercing by "tartampion cylinder".

Not sure I was clearer!

Edit with Image, thank you@tomalam

screenshot343.jpg

@Benoit.LF: no picture!

1 Like

Compared to your image:

If you set the number of repetitions to 2 and in "occurrences to be omitted" you select the 2nd repetition, what does it do?

@Tomalam, as indicated by @David be3, occurrences cannot be managed by configuration, if I remove an occurrence it is for all configurations.

Another point if I put 2 occurrences and omit the second one, it gives me the same error message!

1 Like

@Benoit

Mea Culpa, I misread the question, I was in assembly and not in parts.

1 Like