Solidworks 2012 bug

Hello

I use solidworks 2012 but since yesterday as soon as I open it it shows me "solidworks has stopped working".

I'm really in the m...!

Please help me:)

Thank you

It is possible that this is due to a bug between your motherboard and your windows (NVidia, Windows and Solidworks), and the solution is to update Windows and DotNet.

Kind regards

The Seagull!

mouette.jpg
2 Likes

Thank you

But I really don't think that's it, I don't have any updates to do :/

This may be a corruption of the registry, you should try to rename the SolidWorks key of the hkey_current_user.. Otherwise it can also come from the Frameworks or Visual C++... You have the installation sources in the prereqs folder of the SolidWorks DVDs... Sometimes it's good to uninstall and reinstall them...
1 Like

if you use a version  with SP0 it can cause problems

1 Like

I use a student license so I don't have an installation cd and no it's not an spo version but thank you anyway:)

I think you need to uninstall your SolidWorks to your computer and install SolidWorks with license

I think that uninstalled 

Hi all

So I'm coming to see you, because I have exactly the same problem, with the same product (Solidworks with an SDK license).

And I didn't find any solutions...

After uninstalling, the set of solidwork with all the associated files, a cleanup with CCleaner,

Re-download, then reinstall (by disabling account control), but nothing helps, impossible to launch Solidworks. And all this is 2 times in a row!

And this for 1 week, while everything was working very well before!

If you have any information I'm interested! I'll keep looking on my own and keep you informed if I have more info!

Ludo

We should take a look at the Windows event logs (especially the application logs) to see if we don't have a clue as to what is causing the problem.

1 Like

Be careful, SDK versions have a limited lifespan... 1 year it seems to me, after that you have to ask for a license again, and redo an installation with activation of the new serial number.

1 Like

I think I've found part of the solution but I don't know how to solve it,

two days ago I restored my pc and I installed SW and it worked, except that today my pc has updated and it doesn't work anymore.

How to do it?