Solidworks 2013 - Plugging a Volume

Hello

I got a piece in step format.

I have to move a hole a few mm.

I had thought of filling the volume (in orange) to be able to recreate the hole.

Problem:

1 - My memories of my solidworks training in IM 3 years ago on the subject are too vague and I'm struggling.

2- There are multiple surfaces in the surrounding area

Is there another solution?

If not, can someone help me, please?

Jérôme

trou_a_boucher.jpg

Hello

Do you want to postpone this piercing by a lot? If it's a few mm, press Insert/Faces/Move. It will only work for one th of displacement, as long as the surfaces adjacent to this hole don't move too much.

Otherwise, try to remove the Insert/Faces/Delete hole by selecting all the faces of this hole, selecting the 2nd option "Remove and fill in discontinuities". Depending on the quality of the original part, it works more or less well. To make sure, you can make an import disgnostic, even if your part does not seem to have any errors.

If this step works, all you have to do is redo the drilling.

1 Like

I have to shift 3mm to the boss above. This solution was not successful: "Unable to move the faces according to the specified parameters. Try to reduce the specified distance or angle and/or change the direction or axis."

Obviously, I'm not interested in reducing the distance...

The second solution did not work. "The faces could not be filled in due to the geometry"

I applied it for the "complete" cylindrical faces and it worked (see image)

Could this be a first step?

trou_bouche.jpg

It can be a start, but you have to succeed in finishing! :/

It must be recognized that this piercing is not the best placed to be moved!

Otherwise, try making a revolved part with the profile of the hole, then do Insert/Function/Split, selecting as the adjustment tool the adjacent faces you want to keep. This volume will be gradually recut to the right shape.

Is it possible to send us the part? At least the track concerned? To do this, remove the material from everything around to keep only the drilling and the adjacent faces and save in STEP.

There you go...

1684020_-_partie_superieure.step

What version of SolidWorks are you on?

2013, I just saw that it was written in the title of the question...

I tried by several means, the only one that gives a correct, but not perfect, result is to cut the piece with the piercing, and to graft back his almost symmetrical friend from the other side.

The faces are not perfectly common, probably due to imperfections during successive native/STEP transfers.

Let's see if it can suit you.

I'll let you look at the details if you have any questions

1684020_-_partie_superieure.sldprt

See this tutorial

http://www.lynkoa.com/tutos/3d/l-importation-de-fichiers-neutre-solidworks

It allows you to rebuild an import by recreating a creation tree

@+

See also this Rebuild tutorial

There are hidden or little-known functions in the 3D design software, SolidWorks. Removing face is a feature that has been around for a long time, but not many users know about it. Come and discover this function that will allow you to correct multiple problematic faces or remove functions from your parts. A feature for everyone to discover. - 

http://www.lynkoa.com/tutos/3d/la-fonction-permettant-de-supprimer-la-face-dans-solidworks

@+