SolidWorks 2014 & MyCADTools: LocalHelp at the opening

Hello

As stated in the title, I would like to know how to get LocalHelp when SolidWorks 2014 opens.

Currently, I need to click on it in the MyCAD tools so that it appears in the task pane, and then click on the LocalHelp tab of the pane to open it!

If I could already avoid the first step, it would be good: that the tab exists without necessarily being active.

And if we can display LocalHelp when SolidWorks starts, how do we do it?

Thank you.

Hello

Answer given by @JMSAVOYAT here:

http://www.lynkoa.com/forum/solidworks/ouverture-localhelp

@+

5 Likes

Re

I may have answered a little too quickly because I can't find the custom ToolBar 2013 as indicated @jmsavoyat in his answer????

@+

4 Likes

Indeed, I had participated in this question as well!

I also couldn't find it, is this a menu in SolidWorks?

Re

There must be an oversight in the MyCadTools setup because in the install folder there is a CustomToolBar directory but without .exe?

@+

4 Likes

Re

Ok found the customtoolsbar is to be activated in the SolidWorks add-ins!

@+

6 Likes

Hello Mr. Prior

there is a myCADtools tool "CustomToolbar" that allows you to associate tools with an SW event

For example, trigger a macro on each document record

Or in your case run LocalHelp every time you open SolidWorks

look at the CusomToolbar documentation

10 Likes

Hello

@Coyote and @Lucas, there is no oversights in the last setup. You have to check the add-in in SolidWorks!

In addition, the explanation can be found in the documentation !!! :-)

Documentation can be downloaded separately, as can all manuals for the myCADtools tools on the myCADservices website.

Kind regards

6 Likes

Hello jmsavoyat,

Interesting this CustomToolBar, just two small questions that I didn't find the answer to in the help:

- Where can I find the description of the events on which it is possible to activate a macro? not easy to find your way between FileSaveAsNotify, FileSaveAsNotify2, etc...

- How do I save our CustomToolbar to share with other users? Basically, I would like to set up this bar and have all my employees use the same one.

Continuation of my questions in http://www.lynkoa.com/forum/mycadtools/customtoolbar-pour-aller-plus-loin