Solidworks 2015 BETA2

Hello

I'm on Solisworks 2014 SP2, and I would like to know if I install the 2015 beta 2 version, can I stay on a beta without buying the license?

because the new chain link function looks really good!!

THANK YOU

Hi Mathieu,

To access the Beta program, you must request it on the SolidWorks website. A customer account is required.

To download it, your license number is verified and you must have a maintenance contract.

Kind regards.

2 Likes

That says it all!

No maintenance costs, no updates!

After that, you can always download it, and install it, but you'll be limited in time by the trial period. (30 days I think.) after which, you won't be able to cast Sw

Is there compatibility from the 2015 to the 2014? ( For colleagues who are not going to evolve in 2015 )

You will be able to read files from the 2014 version, but conversely, your colleagues will not be able to read files from the 2015 version.

Except for export in universal format, but hey, the usefulness of having a higher version is no longer there...

1 Like

Hello

As a reminder or for information:

Since SW2013, it is possible to replay files from the previous version. It remains read-only but allows you to use a piece or a set designed by a colleague in an additional version.

Be careful, you have to wait for the SP0 of the 2015 and the SP5 of the 2014, ditto for the other years since 2013.

@+

4 Likes

We learn every day^^

On the other hand, yes, I advise to wait for stable versions rather than installing Beta versions!