SolidWorks 2015 or SolidWorks 2016

Hello everyone,

I was planning to switch from SW2014 to SW2015 SP5.0 in the coming days, but after a discussion with a Hotline technician (Axemble), he advised me to switch directly to SW2016 SP2.0.

In summary, these arguments are as follows: "The 2015 version is not a stability model and is very computationally intensive unlike SW2016".

However, putting a SW2016 version into production in SP2.0, I'm not very keen (risk of BUG)..... that's why I don't go back to you (those who work in SW2015 and or SW2016) to get your feedback.

1 Like

Hello

The big bugs of the 2016 are fixed in the PS2. there was before the SP1 beta then the SP1 and SP2 beta then now the SP2. And in addition it has a lot of bugs from the 2015 that were fixed in 2016. It's 2016 and the only thing confusing is their new colors and icons. Otherwise it's going well

1 Like

@manu67: For the SW2016 colors, I had the opportunity to test (1 day) this version in preview for the France in the Dassault System offices. I think that in a week/fortnight the adaptation must be made.

2 Likes

Hello, no matter which version you choose, there will always be bugs despite them fixing some later, the advantage is that with 2016 you can hope that your bugs will be taken into account quickly in order to fix them sooner. While with the 2015, the hotline will answer you that the bug is fixed under the 2016 version:)

Both have their pluses and minuses, it's up to you to weigh the pros and cons of both! (Personally I would advise you 2016! but that's just my opinion:) )

Kind regards

2 Likes

Hello

Personally, I'm still under 2014 SP5, but from 2016 SP3,

I'm going to switch the different stations of the company;)

1 Like

It's true flegendre, but for my part the adaptation is quickly done; In less than a week later, it's still intuitive.

1 Like

Hello

On 2016 SP2.0 and personally everything is fine, no particular bug. The icons are the matter of a week of adaptation and personally I put the background color of the menus darker so that the icons stand out more and it's perfect!

2 Likes

To confirm the assumptions, I switched from Solidworks 2012 sp4 to Solidworks 2015 sp.5.0, HELP!!! .... Bugs, error messages, software closures, in short, everything that helps to move forward...

2 Likes

Hello

Good news about the 2016  sp3.0

1 Like

Upgraded to SW2017 SP3.0 !!!

Bad calculation: apparently it's the odd versions that are the problem.

You can already prepare for the transition to 2018.

;-)

We have a rule of only going from SP5 to SP5

Hello @stefbeno

Can you elaborate because currently we are thinking about moving to the 2017 and the information I got looks pretty good, so I don't understand your position?.

may the force be with you.

2 Likes

stefbeno,

I don't have any problems to date.

However, we've been working on it for more than a week with 5 licenses.

(Just a box that doesn't uncheck on the Pack & Go)

1 Like

We are working on 2017 and since SP02 no more big bugs...

1 Like

Well the smileys don't go well.. It was of the second degree.

1 Like

Mad, I also prefer to go directly to SP5.0.

The problem I have is that when SP5.0 comes out (around November) we experience a peak of activity at the design office

too large to undergo a migration during this period.

SP3.0 being released in April (historically quieter period for us), it's simpler.

1 Like