Solidworks 2016 says there's another session open

Hello

SWKS 2016 when I launch it tells me that another session of SWKS 2016 is open while the PC has just been restarted.

Thank you

Christopher

Hello

To check if there are not several "SLDWORKS.EXE" processes running in the Windows Task Manager.

Kind regards

6 Likes

Hello, you should look in the startup processes, as much as your computer systematically starts Solidworks when the computer starts!!

See with CCleaner if you have it to install, otherwise you can download it for free!

Kind regards

capture.jpg
4 Likes

Hello

No need for CCleaner.

If you have W7 type "msconfig" in search.

If you have W10 you have a startup tab in the task manager.

2 Likes

Yep, personally on my computer they blocked my access to Ms config and ccleaner allows me to clean the computer by the way!! :)

But yes I totally agree

2 Likes

I have the same problem under SW 2015. I'm on W7 and I don't have access to "ms config* either

Then you have to see if it's the computer that starts the software, or is it you who starts the software, before opening a room that would reopen the software???

Keep us informed.

2 Likes

Hello

I think I would start by looking at it for you.

http://www.lynkoa.com/forum/import-export-formats-neutres/probl%C3%A8me-de-sauvegarde-automatique

To see in the register, on the other hand I don't remember the path

1 Like

Hello, Well my problem comes from a problem of right on a directory to delete log items

HKCU\software\solidworks\solidworks 2016\extreference\solidworks journal folder

I replaced it with a directory I had the rights to (c:\temp)

Thank you for your help.

Christopher

Well my problem comes from a problem of right on a directory to delete log items

HKCU\software\solidworks\solidworks 2016\extreference\solidworks journal folder

I replaced it with a directory I had the rights to (c:\temp)

Thank you for your help.

Christopher