Solidworks 2019 crashes on startup when loading registry

Hello

When I launch I get a somewhat stealthy message telling me "loading the registry" then it disappears and I have nothing left but the software does not start. I didn't tinker with anything special in the registry. Everything worked fine and I didn't install anything special!

A repair from the cd doesn't help anything. Uninstalling/reinstalling the software doesn't change anything!

I uninstalled and reinstalled my graphics card and nothing changes.

I cleaned the registry with ccleaner and nothing changes.

What can I do?

Thank you for your help

Weird.

Just in case, after launching SW, have you looked in the task manager if there is an active SW process?

You can attempt the rewind via the restore points, if you are lucky, there is one that was created shortly before your problems appeared.
The next step is Windows repair before the ultimate stage, full formatting.

1 Like

You can also try to restore the SW profile to default (as during a new installation) to see this link:

https://www.lynkoa.com/sites/default/files/questions/answer/07/09/2015/reinitialiser_les_parametres_de_solidworks.pdf

The advantage is that you can go back if it doesn't come from there by renaming the new solidworks folder and renaming the 1st one (OLD-solidworks) to Solidworks

1 Like

Thank you for your answers. The solution was provided to me by the education support:

Unfortunately related to a Windows update, there could be a problem starting SOLIDWORKS. In this case, SOLIDWORS is suspended from the splash screen or closes automatically.

This behavior can occur when the "Beta: Use Unicode UTF-8 for global language support" version is active in the Windows 10 operating system. This setting also affects Microsoft Excel and other programs that use VBA\VBE.

To determine if this affects SOLIDWORKS® performance, follow these steps:

1. 1. Open the Windows Control Panel > "Region".

2. 2. Click on the "Administration" tab.

3. In the "Language for Non-Unicode Programs" group, click "Change System Language".

4. In the "Locale" dialog box, make sure that the "Beta: Use Unicode UTF-8 for global language support" file is not active. If it is, uncheck the box > click "OK".

5. 5. In the "Locale" dialog box, click "Apply" > "OK".

6. Exit the control panel.

7. Restart Windows. This step may not be necessary, but restarting Windows helps ensure that the system retains the previous setting.

In addition, recent tests have indicated that upgrading to Windows 10 1909 has resolved this issue for most users.

You can also :

Go to the c:\programdata\rename the Flexnet folder to Flexnet-1

In the registers

Launch Start, then in the search box, type

REGEDIT

and validate and launch the application

Go to the folder

Hkey_current_user/software/

Select the "SolidWorks" folder

Right-click and then rename the folder to " SolidWorks-1 "

Close the registry window

and then restart SolidWorks.