SOLIDWORKS 2024 - Lightening the Data of a Very Large Assembly

Hello;

@info.gascoin19 ... To what extent can we martyr these assemblages?
Basically, what do you want to keep in good condition and what are the less important components that can be " simplified " to the extreme?

Which version of Solidworks for the final version (if we can do it...)

excerpt from the C220866 Imerys left Side_step. STEP

1 Like

Hello

I'm on solidworks 2024 SP2.

Ideally, the outer envelopes of each component should not be touched, I need to display the contents of the 2 steps in order to include them on the cross-sectional views of a building.
I attached a global screenshot of the project and a zoom on the 2 steps that are blocking me

Thanks in advance

So I can quietly remove all the internal components?
Question:
The WWTP:
C220866 Imerys left Side_step
Is there a complete symmetry of the step
C220866 Imerys right Side_step?
(and vice-versa)?

FYI: Just by removing only the internal components with the " Solidworks " selection: we gain about 8MB
and then Delete (keyboard).

1 Like

The 2 steps are almost identical, but not symmetrical, a rack with cylinders is present on one of the steps.

Argh... Too bad for the symmetry.
I have just applied a " naughty " method: on the first assembly...:

Removed the internal components (see previous post) and then I simply deleted the bodies and faces in error...

See if you can do something with it (if it suits you).

C220866 Imerys left Side_(Without internal-method-Bourrin components). STEP (193.6 MB)

1 Like

Hello

Thank you for this light stp, but the backup problem is still present.

I will try to " delete " each component one by one to identify the one that is blocking me.

Kind regards

Hello

My problem is solved, I had to resign myself to redrawing in a very simplified way the elements from the Step, in order to lighten the modeling.

Thank you for the help of the community.

2 Likes