Solidworks to stop working

Good evening everyone, I'll explain my problem. I have solidworks in student version 2012-2013, when I launch solidworks I have no problem, I can open assemblies that I have already made but as soon as I make a file - new (to create a part), the software crashes and displays "no answer".

If anyone has a solution, thank you.

In this new year, you have to redo the request to Solidworks and redo the complete installation procedure by putting the 2013-2014 version

1 Like

Hello

Maybe you should be reinstalled or, as alain.erp says, install the latest version.

Normally, when the license expires, it often does not launch from its shortcut.

Hello

Obviously it's not a license problem

- Check in the options the location of your template files

"Default Template" and "File Location/Document Template" 

If it doesn't change anything 

- delete (or rename) the registry key "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Solidworks\SolidWorks 2013"

If this does not change anything in the end, reinstall SW

9 Likes

Thank you for your answers, I checked the default locations but nothing changes, the registry key modified and deleted but still the same bug .. I reinstalled Solidworks but the problem is still there. Knowing that before it worked very well, but I am on windows 8 and recently an update was made, the problem may come from here.

Good evening

FYI, the versions of SOLIDWORKS working with a license emulator like solidsquad are blocked by Win 8.1 

so either it's a pirated version or go to the supplier of the said software to correct and have a valid key

The operation of SolidWorks 2012 is not certified with the use of Windows 8 ... The update may not have helped things.

You should try to reinstall the prerequisites (frameworks, C++, etc) to see if it fixes the problem

2 Likes

Hello

Seen on a forum:

Installed .NET Framework 4.5
Installed updates AND optional updates for Windows7

Works now. 

So to anyone with the same problem: I have a feeling it was the framework....

Here: http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-1759946/solidworks-2013-file-crashes.html

Does it work?

I was already in net framework 4.5 so it didn't change anything. But I'm on windows 8.1, does anyone know how to go back to windows 8?

To go back to windows 8 you should already have the "windows old" folder at the root of the disc. But that's all I understood

See the link for which version EDUC vs which version of Windows:

http://www.solidworks.com/sw/support/SystemRequirements.html

Hello

If it's the 2013/2014 educ version, it's normally SolidWorks 2013 (which is compatible with Windows 8, but not with 8.1, which doesn't mean it doesn't work... You can try the compatibility mode to run it in the worst case... see image).

You should check that the latter is in SP5 (menu? then about... or to call the properties of the executable in the detail tab, this one must be in version 21.5.x.xxxx). If this is not the case we can try an update (personally I don't think it solves the problem)

On the other hand with the 2012/2013 version (i.e. SolidWorks 2012)... I have big doubts... but if it worked before... can we try the compatibility mode in Windows 7 at first? 

I'd rather start with the framework. The fact that you are already in Frameworks 4.5 does not indicate that the framework is working properly. Updates to the OS can very well "break" the registration of some dlls. Especially when you go from a service pack (Windows 8 to Windows 8.1). 

First of all, you would have to uninstall the 4.5 framework and install only the 4.0 framework (the prerequisite of SolidWorks 2013).

If it still doesn't work, you should try to do a "clean" uninstall of solidworks... By this I mean:

- Deleting registry keys:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Solidworks

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SolidWorks

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\SolidWorks

-Delete files/folder from first installation or rename them: C:\Program Files\SolidWorks Corp

C:\ProgramData\SolidWorks

C:\SolidWorks Data

C:\Users\fantunes\AppData\Roaming\SolidWorks

Removing prerequisites and reinstalling before installing SolidWorks (Frameworks, VSTA, VBA, Visual C++)

Be careful in the case of a "clean" uninstallation, the installation will ask for the serial number and an activation, in the case of an educ license, you may have to ask for a serial number again... I'm not sure that we can transfer and reactivate an educational license...

Good luck

compat.jpg
1 Like

Hello

Here is a link that should explain the transition from Windows 8.1 to Windows 8

http://www.tomsguide.fr/faq/id-2917957/desinstaller-windows-revenir-windows-windows.html