Solidworks - How do I use an assembly in an assembly?

Hello

I created an assembly (1) in solidworks that allows me to move certain parts between them. among others a cylinder and its rod.

However, when I integrate this assembly (1) into another assembly (2), the cylinder rod no longer moves because solidworks tells me that the assembly is completely constrained.

The only way I have to move the stem is to move it in assembly (1), which automatically updates the new position of the stem in assembly (2).

Is there a way to move the rod directly in the assembly (2)?

Thank you for your help.

Marc

Hello

You have to make your assembly (1) flexible when you are in your assembly (2).

Kind regards

7 Likes

LITTLE BUG and its WORKAROUND TIP:

It may happen to you  without us really knowing why it is blocked. In fact, this very common case occurs if you move the pieces a lot with the mouse.

This is what happened when we did more or less complex kinematics.

Simply remove the flexible mode and put it back on right away for the flexible mode to become active again. If the problem persists, the only way is to close SW and reload so that everything goes back to normal.

For the trick it's KADO :-)  The KADO will not be returned or exchanged in accordance with our T&Cs.

3 Likes

Thank you for your answers, it's perfect;)

Marc

Hello,

Indeed these two solutions are complementary and work very well, I add that it will not be possible to display two views of two different configurations on the same plan including a flexible component in two different positions, it may not be your case but just for the record:) 

Edit: Both views will be displayed but the flexible component will only be in one position on both views.

2 Likes