[SolidWorks] Create a surface from a curve from a blend

Hi all

I made the side part of an airplane with sketches on several planes, and a smoothing

I would now like to make the underside of the plane which should have exactly the same curvature as the bottom of my "side" part (curve in blue), so that I can assemble them well afterwards

Is there an easy way to do that please? I know that you would have to make sure to "extrude" the curve to the plane on the right and then thicken it (like you would do under blender for example, but it has nothing to do with it, I know :D)

Many thanks in advance for your help! My 2 sides are cut out and are just waiting for their buddy below to be glued :-)

I attach the file if necessary

fuselage_cote_gauche.sldprt

I put back the answer I had put in the previous question (https://www.lynkoa.com/forum/solidworks/solidworks-fuselage-avion-s%C3%A9parer-entoilage-et-parties-int%C3%A9rieurs), which, suddenly, is more general than the question:

The method I would use:
1 - In a room, create the 1/2 inner skin on the surface;
2 - insert this part into an assembly;
3 - create a part in the assembly, constrain it by coincidence of the origin (+check box alignment of axes).

4 - Creation of the flanks
4a - create a part in the assembly, constrain it by coincidence of the origin (+check box alignment of axes);
4b - Edit this piece in context;
4c - create volume by leaning on the surface (surface/thicken);
4d - Getting out of the editing in context;
4th - open the part, select the median plane and make insert/symmetrical part (this will create the symmetrical part);
4f - Insert the symmetrical part into the assembly, constrain it by the origin.

5 - Creation of couples
5a - create a part in the assembly, constrain it by coincidence of the origin (+check box alignment of axes);
5b - Edit this piece in context;
5c - create a ref plane at a distance from an existing basic plane along the axis of the aircraft;
5d - On this plan, create the sketch of the half-piece by leaning on the surface (via intersection curve). Trace only the outer outline;
5th - Get out of the editing in context, open the room alone.
5f - Extrude this sketch from the thickness of the plate;
5g - symmetrize the function;
5 hours - make the inner cuts.

6 - Repeat step 5 as much as necessary.

There, you have a complete and dynamic assembly with parts that you can open independently (be careful the link exists: -> symbol at the end of the name of the function in the feature manager) to make the drawings, export for NC cutting.

1 Like

Hello

Open a 3D sketch, then select the edge of your "Surface-Restrict5" and then "Convert Entity".

Then, use the "Surface Extrusion" feature of this 3D Sketch by choosing the "right plane" as the end and an edge of the extrusion surface to define the extrusion direction.

Kind regards 

image.jpg
2 Likes

A big thank you to Stefbeno for taking the time to explain to me, it's true that it works but in this case, the solution is faster

Thank you 2!

1 Like