SolidWorks: DrawCompare

No but that's not the problem @gt22, have you tested the volume comparison yes or no? Try what I tell you, you will understand right away!

The design checker tool is made for that No

@+ ;-((

@Benoit is something there 

The symmetry of parts create a new part. And then you compare these 2 pieces.

So there is no need to see a 30° angle or anything else. 

Symmetry with respect to a plan c is when you are in the same room, you make a symmetry and you configure it, either room A or configuration A-sym.

Since SW2012 I have ALWAYS messed up my symmetry.

The first successful ones were with 2014 because there is a line in Insertion/symmetrical part

you can even break the link (to be done only if the piece has to be strongly modified compared to the original

And now it works by itself

capture_insertion_piece_sym.png

Look at the picture and you'll understand.

screenshot381.jpg

It also works very well under 2012 you just have to make a symmetry axis line out of the part field and break the links

Simple and elementary

and I reissue a symmetry  is a symmetrical part and if you compare these parts besides the reverse they are KIF-KIF 

well I don't understand where the problem is

it is the image that is retorted

@+ ;-((

@ Benoit how do you put it wrong?

I have been using the Symmetric function since the 2004 version without any problems.

I was talking about a crooked plane since @Lucas indicates that it uses a face for its symmetry and not a reference plane.

For me, the "compare" tool is not revolutionary or intelligent. We could do more or less the same thing by inserting the second piece to be compared, in the first. Or even by putting them both in an assembly and putting one in a flashy color. And in addition you can "realign" them in space unlike this function.

Good go, white flag I give up...

@ Benoit I was talking about a complete part by a part of a part that is symmetrical 

I did say axis of symmetry outside the part

No functions to be symmetrical or part of a part to be symmetrical

we are very misunderstood

@+ ;-((

1 Like

The symmetry of parts was a revelation for me, because with the symmetry of plane, axis, etc  I have always had problems. (I only have 4 years of experience)

That's where the @gt22 drama lies, we are talking about symmetry of the pieces...

For the screens you posted it's symmetry in a room and not a symmetrical room

English-French translation problem

@+;-((

1 Like

This is what the site is for: to confront ideas and find explanations even when the question is solved

I have learned something

1 Like

No, the screens show what is marked above:

Exhibit 1                Exhibit 2 Symmetrical                Comparison 1/2

Exhibit 1   Exhibit 3 Symmetrical by offset plane   Comparison 1/3

Yes, planes of symmetry inside a room, but symmetry in your room

Your part is cut by your planes of symmetries so it is modified 

So it's not in French language a symmetry of a part 

but a symmetry of part of the part

Yet it is indeed French 

@+;-(((

I don't understand anything! Why are you talking to me about symmetry and part of a part of a room?

When I do Insertion/Symmetrical part on a part, I make the symmetry of this part, full and complete in a new part! Not just a game!

2 Likes

I have the impression that you are looking for the same function by talking about another function! 

It's getting confusing all this

2 Likes

It's already been more than a page that it's been confu...

He speaks Breton to me and I to Gallo, North Brittany/South Brittany! ;-)

3 Likes

I solved my problem so I don't even try to understand!