[SOLIDWORKS ELECTRICAL] [SOLVED] Unable to connect to the database

Hello

Having recently made the transfer from fixed licenses to floating licenses, we have decided to install on our server the license manager (SolidNet Work) as well as the collaborative server and the SQL database for solidWorks Electrical. The installation on the server went well. But as soon as it is the installation on the computer, an error occurs: "Unable to connect to the database, check the connection parameters: ... "

I think the problem is not the installation on one side or the other but more the access to the database itself. How do I check these connection settings? And how do you solve this problem?

Kind regards

Thibault BOULLIER

capture.png

Problem solved: in the firewall, I had to allow access to all TCP ports for the "SQL Server (TEW_SQLEXPRESS)" service.

1 Like

Hello

I take the liberty of reopening the post. I try to carry out the same manipulation. However, when I reinstalled the collaborative server and the sqlexpress database on the server, all my project files disappeared because I don't know how to transfer the database that was present on a user workstation on the server.

Can you explain your approach?

Thanks in advance,

JB