SOLIDWORKS Working from Home and/or CATIA V5 Working from Home: How to Work Remotely?

Hi all

In view of the current events and the measures taken by the government to stop the spread of Covid-19, I am opening this question in the forum to inform as many users as possible of the SOLIDWORKS and CATIA V5 software solutions. Know that it is quite possible to continue working on your 3D design software remotely with peace of mind. Our experts have communicated the steps to follow in the following 2 articles:

This question is also asked to discuss any problems encountered. 

For Visiativ Solutions customers, technical support remains at your disposal in the "Support" section of the platform at the top left.

Have a good day and good luck to all in these troubling times...

onglet_support.jpg
5 Likes

Thanks for the info.

Have a good day as well.

1 Like

Have a good day @Clémentine

I already make switches between the computer and the laptop in addition with fiber no PB of speed ;-)

@tous There is also the solution of "Convert your fixed SOLIDWORKS license to an online activation"

It's a simpler solution than the one consisting of first locking the license on the desktop computer to be able to put it on your laptop because if you forgot to do it before leaving the office and well rusk you can't activate it on your home laptop

On the other hand, with the fixed SOLIDWORKS license in an online activation you do it from where you are without taking into account what you did or didn't do before leaving the other computer. However, this solution does not give you remote access to your files at PDM. On the other hand, if you do long design like me, I just have to have all the files on a drive or some host to have the files available anywhere (with an external HDD, no security with daily backups that I trifle with me).

Kind regards

2 Likes

Ok great @Zozo_mp and thanks for the feedback.

Indeed, you will find the procedure to follow to transform your fixed license into an online activation here:

How do I convert a fixed SOLIDWORKS license to an online activation?