Can Solidworks and Solidworks PDM work without Office?

Hello, for an obscure IT reason some of our CAD stations will be deactivated Office. Which features of solidworks and PDM are going to be impossible to use?

Hello

Very good question, but already everything that is part family via excel seems the most logical to me.

All that is custom properties, since in my case  the list of choices are made via excel too.

2 Likes

The presence of Office is one of the prerequisites for using SW...

3 Likes

Quite Fuz3D:

The use of Solidworks without Excel at least seems difficult to me, if not impossible.

From memory, solidworks must give somewhere the prerequisites of a SW installation

PDM will soon be worse since you will soon have to buy a SQL license from microsoft because Sw will no longer provide it with the software (but strangely the cost of PDM does not go down for customers: it's still that much margin in + ....)

3 Likes

Hello

We are on office 365, we had difficulty accessing  the office platform, Soliworks was no longer stable at that time.

A lot of error messages from soliworks.

Family room impossible to open

Unstable solidworks assembly.

Cdlt

2 Likes

So we have to go back to classic licenses.

Interesting feedback.
We're in the process of migrating to 365, it promises to be a great time coming!

Yes I had several feedbacks on 365 and SW

It's really not optimal ;-(

@+

1 Like

Hello
I also confirm that 365 and SW don't mix,
It is better to have a standard license, even an old one.

@gt22 , @ Pierre S and the others: Can you specify the versions of SW that were used?

@stefbeno

if I understood correctly all the SW versions

@+

I am giving an answer that I posted elsewhere:

Apparently there are 2 kinds of Office 365:
- one that is only online (Apps version);
- one that is installed on the machine.
And for SW, it's the second that is needed, knowing that obviously it's not the same price.