SolidWorks and Windows 8

Hello

Who Uses SolidWorks with Windows 8?

Is everything working correctly (part family, sheet metal parameter, ...)?

Thank you in advance

@+

Hello, I know people who are on windows 8.

What problems do you encounter exactly?

Hello

Not used here, but here are some feedbacks:

https://forum.solidworks.com/message/323892#323892

1 Like

Hello

No problem because not installed yet, but I will soon switch to Windows 8 and I wanted to know if everything was ok or not?

@+

1 Like

Good evening

In SW2014 no worries on the other hand 2013 a disaster 

worst of all with Windows 8.1 update

and I'm not even talking about the mess between the touch screen and the mouse where everything is to be set up in a different way

Result-----> a Win7 Pro 

2 Likes

If we put aside the touch features, I'm not sure that there are still many "Workstations" with touch screens... Windows 8 is only supported from SolidWorks 2013...

But Windows 8.1 doesn't support SolidWorks 2013... In fact, if you're using Windows 8.1, you need SolidWorks 2014 SP1.

As for the features, I am not aware of any problems specific to these OS.

For those nostalgic for the Windows desktop, it is possible to use Windows 8 identically to Windows 7 and even to install add-ins to find a "classic" start menu such as "Classic Shell"

3 Likes

@Fab I use IIyama Prolite T2252 or T2452 screens (that's what I install on my machines so... good price)

I put a plus for classicshell which is better than startbutton, but the root of the problem remains that Win8.1 causes big problems with solidworks 2013.

Otherwise SW2013 SP5 runs very well on Win8 with metro disabled (classicshell)

2 Likes

Between Metro and the touch screen, Microsoft has gone very far for leisure but I have the impression that the "pro" side has escaped them a bit...

2 Likes

Hello

Not yet installed with us, but apparently it works:

See attached files

Cdt

Eric

sw2014.jpg
1 Like

@frepo yes but only 64 bit and we're talking about win 8 not 8.1

1 Like

Hello

I have windows 8.1 and solidworks 2014 SP0, no worries.