Solidworks Explorer: Opening Directory

Is it possible for SW Explorer to open by pointing directly to a given directory instead of staying on your desktop?

Hello

Two solutions:

Create directories on the desktop to access them directly.

Or use a working folder (I don't know if it's only with PDMWorksgroup or not), and set it in the optiojns like in this image:

https://forum.solidworks.com/servlet/JiveServlet/showImage/2-251305-20733/Workgroup+PDM+-+Options+-+Folders.jpg

No other solution to my knowledge!

Wow, but you're rich to have so many options tabs...

Seriously, I don't have PDM, and so SWXplorer's options are reduced to their simplest expression, apart from defining the search paths...

1 Like

So it's very specific to PDMWorkgroup...

There are two requests for improvements for your question on the SolidWorks website:

SPR 391185: Ability to set default folder to be displayed when opening SolidWorks Explorer or allow last viewed folder on next open

SPR 682542: When SolidWorks Explorer is launched, it should be expanded. This involves establishing a default file location.

Alternatively, a trick might be to add the folders you're working on to your SolidWorks design library.

This allows them to appear directly at the first level in SolidWorks Explorer.

1 Like

The RPD would 391185 solve my problem.

I tried to put my directory in the bibli of designs, but they don't appear in SWxplorer, it's the Windows bibli...