SOLIDWORKS - Extruding a Cone

Hello

I want to extrude/drill a cone-shaped part with 10 holes (each spaced at a 36° angle). The holes should be parallel to the cone.

I don't know where to start to already break into one.

Attached where the piece is and what the holes should look like. 

pieces_1.png

Hello

You have to make a shot outside the cone. Plane having the right angle, make a sketch of a single hole and make the hole.

Then, starting from the vertical axis of the cone, make a circular repetition of the extrusion of the first hole. All you have to do is enter 10 occurrences  of the hole  function, all automatically spaced 360°.

Kind regards

PS I'll make you a model in a few minutes

3 Likes

Hello

Here are a few pictures of how to achieve it

extruder_un_cone.docx
4 Likes

Here is the nano TUTO   ;-)  ;-)

Kind regards

PS: the after-sales service is provided

trous_sur_tronc_de_cone_v1__zozo.pdf
3 Likes

THANK YOU @ac cobra  ;-)  ;-)  you spoiled @jbpaulin

PS: @ac cobra it seems to me that the angle of the holes is not the same as the angle of the slope but that doesn't change anything in your excellent tutorial. ;-)  Note I prefer your method to make the first hole it's simpler ;-) I note this in a corner of my neurons. ;-)

1 Like

No need for an intermediate function: we take the wizard for drilling, we click on the face of the cone (we are in 3D sketch mode), we constrain the point on a diametrical plane of the cone, we dimension it according to the need, we validate. The hole will be normal to the cone generator
All you have to do is do a classic circular rehearsal.

See PJ for the images

percages_radiaux.docx
3 Likes

There is also the possibility, thanks to a 3D sketch, to draw a volume (round Ø10) without merging it, and then to subtract this volume from the volume of the cone.

@stefbeno

Your solution is very fast no need to do it Schumtz with an additional plan

I didn't know about this possibility of using the drilling assistant on a point, I still believed that it could only start from a flat sketch (so a sketch on a plan)

THANK YOU

Super! Thank you all for your help and responsiveness. I solved my problem:)