[SOLIDWORKS] Extruding a Non-Perfect Circle

Hello

I use SolidWorks to create parts to be 3D printed.

I recently realized a problem in solidworks when I do a circle extrusion.

This extrusion does not make me a perfect cylinder but actually creates a polygogne as can be seen on the attached images . 

So between this error plus the switch to STL which converted the volumes into multitudes of triangles, I end up with "hoops" not at all smooth...

I would like to solve this error on solidworks to already improve my final part. Does anyone have an idea why it does this or a parameter to modify to improve.

Thank you in advance.

solidworks_premium_2019_sp3.0_-_piece1__2.jpg

Hello

Your nozzle will still move in a straight line, but you can reduce the length of the segments.

See in your export settings for your STL when saving it.

See attachment.

Kind regards.

Spectrum.

reduire_facettes_stl.png
4 Likes

Hello

What you see on the screen is not what you will get at the printer.

The aliasing effect is an optical illusion of the display. If you zoom out, you will no longer see the polygon effect. On the other hand, if you zoom in a lot, you will see the polygons getting bigger and bigger.

I suggest you try for the Solidworks display the solution proposed by @Pierre S (which I salute) 

This does not detract from @Spectrum's relevant remark, but not at the same point in the process. ;-)

Kind regards

4 Likes

Solidworks has nothing to do with defining and triangulating your part

It's the setting of your printer that must be as advanced as possible 

which of + is all depends on the size of the part of the type of printer 

@+

See this link among others 

https://www.imprimeren3d.net/optimiser-la-precision-et-la-tolerance-de-votre-imprimante-3d-13099/

4 Likes

Hello

Thank you for the answers. Indeed, it's the definition of SolidWorks that deceived me.

The extrusion is very good if you increase the graphic quality. 

The STL export is already set to "fine" on my solidworks. I also use the import pugin in Cura to directly use the SolidWorks parts.

1 Like