Solidworks Mechanically welded: automatic adjustment of profiles

Hello

I created a Bosch 90x90L profile using the PRT file straight from the manufacturer's site. I then created a profile library to use in my welded build.

The problem:  after making my 3D sketch, I insert the 90x90L profile mechanically welded, but it doesn't adjust in length when it crosses another profile, I have to do it manually.

I tried with a 45x45L profile from their site as well, I don't have the problem. I also created a randomly shaped profile, and it works just as well!

So I think it comes from the realization of the SLDLFP profile but I don't see where it f****s. If anyone has an idea... :)

meca_90x90l.png

Hello

To make this chassis, you had to click on "new group"

So you have to choose the "adjust/extend" function

Profiles automatically adjust when the user is in the same group.

On the other hand, I see that your horizontal profile protrudes by a few mm, is that normal?

Edit: I have the same Bosh profiles in my base, it works very well

4 Likes

See this tutorial

https://youtu.be/sIUQ9STpSJ0

Precisely, the problem is that it goes beyond that!

Attached is a 2nd try with a rectangle base. The problem remains the same, and I don't have any adjustment options.

PS: I did create 2 groups to reproduce my problem

exemple_2.png

You don't have to change groups if you want an automatic adjustment.

Choose your profile and choose the segments in a row

(Left, up, right, bottom) for example.

3 Likes

In fact, groups are used to be able to add identical but disjoint profiles.

For example, on a frame with an intermerdiary crossmember, there will be a group with the outline of the frame

and a group with the inter traverse.

2 Likes

Personally, when I work in mechanically welded, I work with a lot of parts outside the group (yes my parts are associable and don't like groups!)

In short, all this to say that you can still adjust. Just click on the "adjust/extend" icon

In the first box you choose the tube(s) to adjust. In the 2nd you choose the faces or tubes (as you wish) which serve as limits

In addition, I find that I have more freedom to do as I want to do with the automatic adjustment in this way. But it's a very personal feeling

sans_titre.png
2 Likes

It's all in the video attached in my previous  answer :-)

1 Like

@coin37coin:   I had to end up making my profile by adjusting manually effectively! :)

@bart:  it does not seem possible to make the profile in 1 single group if the lines are not end to end.

1 Like

That's what I've been explaining from the beginning.

- For me, your profile is not centered on the sketch. Hence the discrepancy

- Making groups is not a problem to adjust, it is enough to use the function made for.

- I do a lot of mechanical welding, I've never had any particular problems with it.

3 Likes

Indeed you must have a problem in your profile

Can you send it to us?

I took over your profile and it works (see image with 4 groups)

bosh.png

Here is the profile used

90x90l.sldlfp