Solidworks - Windows 7 context menu

Hi all!

Having integrated a new installation, I lost the option display in the Win7 context menu.

Let me explain, I often use the trick of renaming SW2014 files on windows:

Right-click on SW file > Solidworks > Rename

Except that I only have "Composition to go".

Would you be how to make them reappear? 

Thank you!!!

Hello

There is a solution on the SolidWorks website:

1. In File Explorer, Right Mouse Button. Click on a SolidWorks part file and select "Choose default program".
2. Assuming you have SolidWorks 2013 installed, you will see a pop up window asking "How do you want to open this type of file (.sldprt)?" and the option of either 'SolidWorks 2013' or 'SolidWorks Launcher'.
3. Make sure you tick the box titled "use this application for all .sldprt files".
4. Select SolidWorks Launcher.

Do I need to translate?

If it doesn't work:

A split installation will likely fix the problem by going to Start Menu > Control Panel > Fix.

If on the other hand SW is installed from an administrative image, it is not possible to repair, you have to uninstall and re-install...

1 Like

And by clicking on this option?

View image

dossier.png
2 Likes

@.PL

This "bug" is certainly due to the migration to a newer version.

Indeed, I installed SW2014 (sp5) next to 2011. Without erasing the latter.

So I deleted 2011 but the problem persisted. In 2014 restaurant, this solved the problem!

I remember having the same problem a few years ago and I did the same.

@Bart

Seen your late answer. Unfortunately, I could not confirm. According to the SW help, it seems to me that it could match?

1 Like

Problem solved!!

During a multi-installation, you should know that the registration folders must be renamed as well as the toolbox folder. This avoids conflicts between different versions.

2 Likes