Does Solidworks offer a free version for retired draftsmen?

Hi all

The Lyncoa site is my reference for the knowledge of the solidworks software, I was wondering you who are students or draftsman or designer, would there be a possibility to have a free license of solidworks for hobby only.

If you have a solution please share.

Thank you

2 Likes

Hello

The only way that comes to mind is the student version, the problem is that you have to manage to have a code to activate it.

Here is the web page with all the information: https://www.solidworks.fr/sw/education/4525_FRA_HTML.htm

If you know school teachers who can pass you the code they use for their students, it would be useful to you, otherwise legally I don't see any other alternatives. Unless your former company is generous and lends you/gives you one of their licenses but at the price of this one I think they will refuse.

Good luck in your research:)

2 Likes

Not possible to my knowledge. Depending on your needs, you may have to redirect yourself to another solution than solidworks to get a free version.

1 Like

I think they have equipped FabLabs with Solidworks.

So you have to find out which ones, and see if there is one near you.

10 years ago I used a student version as an unemployed person, but it seems to me that it was on American sites that you could download it. Dassault Systèmes' policy has had to change since then.

Today only Autodesk offers its software free of charge for students, the unemployed, associations / non-profit leisure activities.

For example, you will find more Fablabs with Fusion360 than with SW.

On the other hand, Fusion 360 is not so easy to get to grips with when you've spent years on SW, it's another way of thinking and designing.

1 Like

No better, fusion 360 can be a solution, even if I also have trouble with it, coming from Solidworks.

Hello

Look here it should help you...

1 Like

Hello

On this site, you can do 3D like on solidworks, it's directly online and free if what you do and in public.

The only problem is that for the assemblies it's a little more annoying than Solidworks

https://www.onshape.com/

It might interest you:)

Have a nice day

2 Likes

In free software, there is FreeCad.

It seems closer to Inventor than to SW but the associative 3D philosophy is there.

2 Likes