Solidworks - Flat Surface Tools

Hello

I want to use the "Flat surface" tool in solidworks.

This one is present in my toolbar, but I can't use it. It's never "active", even when I select a simple surface. The same goes for the solidworks tutorial and their example model, which I open but for which the function does not activate.

I have a standard version of the software.

Could you help me solve this problem?

Thank you in advance.

2 Likes

Show us the tool

your piece that you want to flatten

The SW version you have

@+

1 Like

Hello

Check out my tutorial if it can help you???

http://www.lynkoa.com/tutos/surfacique/mise-à-plat-dune-pièce-complexe

2 Likes

Hello 

Thank you for your answers, version(s): 2016 and 2017. We have two licenses.

As in the screenshot pasted here, the tool is there but not a tree. So we can't use it.

Kind regards

1 Like

Have you selected a surface to flatten?

@+

1 Like

Yes, surface selected, no matter the part or shape; volume or surface, simple or complex, the tool remains inaccessible.

1 Like

Hello

Unfortunately, the tool in question is only available with a premium license from solidworks

2 Likes

thanks for the info @ Pierre S

Unfortunately, the tool in question is only available with a premium license from solidworks

it's a bit abused it seems to me ;-(

However, it is said that the function is for the new version 

it's like insurance, you have to read everything and shred ;-(

A real scam this way of doing things

@+ 

2 Likes

Ah, thank you for the confirmation. That's what I feared...

Good continuation.

1 Like

Hello

The unfolded function of sruface appeared 3 years ago and has always been in the Premium version, you may find it unfair but SOLIDWORKS makes sure without changing its prices to make more and more functions accessible to everyone.

Now look at the standard version you have the FeatureWorks, the 3D interconnect, from the Pro version you have the circuitWorks and the realistic Visualize rendering.

@+

2 Likes

As my colleagues said, I think you have a standard license because it's only available with the premium. See attached link:

http://help.solidworks.com/2015/french/SolidWorks/sldworks/c_flatten_surface.htm

You should just think about validating the best answer to close the post....