Solidworks PDM - Archiving Problem

Hi all

For the past few days I have had an archiving problem for some SolidWorks PDM users. They can no longer archive files in folders, whereas before they could archive files in these same folders.

During check-in, SolidWorks PDM indicates that the file does not meet the conditions for a workflow. While no changes to the workflow have been made, nor have any changes been made in the group permissions.

So I can't know where it can come from.

Attached is the message displayed when archiving a file.

Thank you in advance for your answers.

Sincerely, Jean-Patrick

pb_workflow.jpg

Hello Jean-Patrick,

I have several questions to better understand the cause of the problem

When you say that he could archive files in these same folders, is it the same folder or a new folder in a similar document structure? Because sometimes users do not use EPDM functions to create new folder structures and therefore the rights are non-existent on these folders.
Have the files that are causing the problem already been archived?
Are these files going through a state of type APPROVED?

It happens on existing files and new ones.

The files that are causing problems have never been archived and they do not have a status of the type 'APPROVED' to be archived in the PDM

However, what is not logical is that on my side I placed myself in the group of users who have problems and I have not had any problems with archiving or other.

Hello

Remember to also check if the rights of the users concerned are good or if they have specific rights that could go against the rights of the group to which they belong.

Kind regards

The problem is that the rights are good and the users don't have specific rights. This archiving problem came about suddenly without touching the rights of the groups, or the workflow settings.

Hello

Wouldn't there be a file in the content that doesn't match (such as the cwr file of the xpress simulation result for a part file, or another file external to the chest in the assemblies)?

I seem to have a vague memory that this could generate this message if your file conditions are restrictive.

1 Like

Hello

I bounce back on @ Cyril.f's answer, Are these SW files or other?

Because for example the files to be archived are normal Excel (.XLS) but someone adds a macro and the file becomes a . XLSM.
And if the XLSM files are not linked to the right category of files in the vault settings, they cannot be entered into the right workflow.

Have you checked the chair-keyboard interface because sometimes ...

1 Like

Hello

it has been resolved. It was an issue with the input condition on the workflow. 

Have a good weekend.

Céline

1 Like