SolidWorks: Why are chamfers different in color?

Hello

In some rooms the chamfers are grey, it's not an existential problem, but I wonder why!

Does it happen to you too? Do you have an explanation?

1 Like

Hello

It must be because the color of your piece is only affected to the outer shell, so when you dig it shows!

Like when you bite into an apple... yes it's noon I'm hungry

5 Likes

it's not via a reflection and shadows effect

Your chamfers were all made with the tool in the same way?

@+ 

1 Like

Management of appearances when you hold us, in the end if it's gray it's the color of the material?

because if your material is green plastic and the chamfers are gray it's something else

2 Likes

Agree with @Tomalam.

What does it say if you look at the appearances on the face of your chamfer?

A small print-screen?

screenshot403.jpg
3 Likes

My color is well applied to the room!

On the other hand, I just saw that there are textures applied to certain chamfers or fillets!

The question is why?

@lucas, don't you have a definition of machining programmed somewhere that would give an appearance?

Hello

Wouldn't the appearance be different between the part, the body, the function, the face etc...?

Indeed, there are priorities: the color of the face takes precedence over the function, the function takes precedence over the body, the body over the part. But if the "Chamfer" function is gray, it can also come from the "Ignore function colors" option that is not checked (document options) and therefore it takes the color defined here.

Kind regards

couleur_fonction.png
4 Likes

Indeed thank you @jmsavoyat it was this option that was not checked!

1 Like