Solidworks premium and solidworks simulation

Hi all

I have a solidworks premium 2017. 

I have access to simulation but only the static module, and I need to do a thermal study.

My IT admin informs me that I theoretically have the following modules at my disposal: CW-PRO and CAE CW PRO

I don't know what that means, and neither does he??

Can you tell me which module I need to have thermal simulation please?

Thank you in advance

Julien SERRE

Good evening

you should ask your dealer because DS names are a real souk.

For example, I have a so-called premium version, but  in reality there is CAD and a standard simulation module.

So you have to focus on the additional modules to find your way around

Look here www.solidworks.fr/sw/docs/SW2015_Simulation_DS_FRA.pdf

but what is certain is that you must not be the standard version but the Solidworks Professional version (look at page 3)

Above you have yet another (very expensive) version of Solidworks Simulation Premium. (see page 4)

For your information, CAE stands for Computer-aided engineering (CAE) in French, which translates as: Computer-Aided Engineering (CAE) is the widespread use of computer software to facilitate technical analysis tasks. This includes finite element analysis (FEA), computational fluid dynamics (CFD), multibody dynamics (MBD), durability and optimization including now topological optimization.
To be clear, in addition to CAD you have additional modules including FAE (Finite Element Analysis) simulation

On the other hand, the dry on the CW appellation .

Check if all the options are activated because you don't have to load all the modules from the start. To check TOOL==> COMPLEMENT==> check what you want with possibly loading as soon as it starts.

Kind regards

1 Like

Thank you for this answer, I'm going to read the topic you told me...

I do have a premium

Have a nice day

1 Like