SolidWorks: Properties of Welded Parts

Hi all

When drawing a welded part, you can display the table of the list of welded parts: is it possible to fill in by hand those that are not automatically welded ?

I just tried by going to the properties of the welded parts, I have access to modify some fields (but not the length), but filling them in has no effect, SolidWorks doesn't save them!

Any idea ? I'm in SW 2014 SP2, but I think the problem is the same on the older versions.

Hi @ Lucas

Have you seen this tutorial

http://www.lynkoa.com/tutos/3d/solidworks-la-mecano-soudure

in theory everything is there

@+ ;-)

capture_nomenclature_mecano_soudure.png

On SW2013 it works perfectly. Do you know the right information about the file? Have you updated your list of welded parts?

screenshot332.jpg
3 Likes

Sorry, no time to watch a 1 hour and 8 min tutorial for a question like this that looks like a bug...

Thank you anyway.

1 Like

What fields do you want to complete?
Have you tried adding a property for testing?

1 Like

@ Lucas

it's 1 hour away

If in your nomenclature the length boxes are empty, just click at the top of the column Length

tick......... Ownership of the Welded Parts List Item

in theory you will have your lengths

@+ ;-)

Yes, I do right-click on the > Properties folder, I go to the last tab Table of welded parts as in the image, and when I fill in the FR label or dimensions field (fields to which I have access in modification unlike LENGTH), which I validate, when I go back to the properties, the fields are empty ! An update of the list of welded parts does not help!

Does it work for you without any problem?

pieces_soudees.png

And here it is: you don't have to go to the last tab, stay in the "Summary of welded parts" tab!

screenshot333.jpg
3 Likes

@ Lucas

In the plan BOM as part of this BOM click the Length column header

Tools will magically appear

Check Properties Item of Parts List to Weld 

@+ ;-)

You do as Benoit LF says, you have to go to the tab "summary of the list of welded parts" and there you can overwrite as you wish, I do it frequently

2 Likes

+1 with Benoit,

This last tab is a visualization of your mechanically welded list table that you will insert (or not) in your drawing.
It's in the first tab that you have to go for the changes.

Normally, if your mechanically welded bodies have been made via the "mechanically welded element" command, the information should be filled in automatically (of course you must have correctly filled in your mechanically welded profiles).

For all other bodies (flat, sheets) you have to manually complete the first tab or use the smartproperties

1 Like

@flegendre

The +1 is here!

;-D

screenshot334.jpg
3 Likes

Thank you all!

Indeed, why look for complicated in the 3rd tab when you can make it simple!

1 Like