Solidworks closes, if I edit a part of an assembly

Good evening to you.

I've been having a problem with Solidworks 2016 and it's only been a few days.

Indeed, there is no way to edit parts of an assembly, even a simple one, without the program crashing.

Have you been able to do the test from another working class that has SW2016? If you have the opportunity to do it, do it.

Otherwise the simplest solution:

Reset your SolidWorks from the registry.

put your options back (hoping you made a backup of them).

Redo the test.

The risk is that it's SW2016 SP0.0, so there is a risk of bugs.....

so I almost followed your advice...

I reinstalled SW 2015 and it works;

now the problem is that the files that I have identified or modified with SW 2016 I can no longer open them;...

Don't you have an idea how to do it?

Hello

it looks like the problem we have with 2015, when we edit a part in a Solidworks assembly crashes, the good news is that it's solved... in the 2017 version. One way to mitigate the problem is this:

they can be bypassed by unchecking the option "Scroll down selected objects in view" (tools, option, featuremanager), this is a bug reported in development under the SPR reference 867551 

The following SPR (SolidWorks Performance Report) status has changed to Implemented.

SR# (Service Request): 1-8878822931

SPR#: 867551

Description: Hang clicking in the graphics area after zooming or rotating a model with the middle mouse button immediately after editing a feature

Version: 2017  a1

For more information, visit the SolidWorks Customer Portal and select My SPRs.

DS SolidWorks does not guarantee that this SPR fix will be available in the indicated future release of the product since at this time the SPR fix has not completed QA procedures that incorporate all SPR fixes and enhancements into a new version of our product.

Best Regards,

Dassault Systèmes SolidWorks Corp. Technical Support

Good evening yoan.pacquelet

Thank you for this encouraging news but too late because I reinstalled the 2015 version of it scared that it will start again.

I'll test what you say when I install it on my desktop PC, and I'll tell you later.

On the other hand, it is being repaired...

I will certainly change it.

A+
F1b

FYI, you can install two different versions of SolidWorks on the same computer.

It would be interesting to know why it bugs.

Hello

Encouraging news? Solidworks has a solution for 2017!

We have a lot of problems with the 2015 and by dint of complaining a hot fix has come out for this problem, you have to consult the Solidworks knowledge base S-070177

To be tested...