Solidworks simulation, nonlinear analysis, how to solve it?

Hello;
There you go, I explain my problem in more detail, I am currently a student and I am working on a project, we have a fire extinguisher that we inflate with water to see if it will resist the pressure imposed of 40 bars or not, however after inflating with water, for safety reasons (explosion), We had long test times due to drying, so we thought of inserting a latex pocket inside the fire extinguisher that would fit the shape of the fire extinguisher, and thus protect it from humidity.

So we created this pocket on SW, here is a primary result:

The bag being made of latex, flexible exactly like a condom, I did a non-linear analysis, only I encounter a whole bunch of problems:

image during analysis,

at the end of the analysis

There you go, if you have a solution I'm all for it,

Urge to learn.

peau_interne_extincteur_3eme_essaie.sldprt
1 Like

Stupid question ;-)

for mechanical pressure resistance

It is not the inner skin but your bottle or tank that you must test and analyze 

your bladder is only there by your words to avoid liquid contact on  the container

so if your bladder is the same shape as your bottle 

it's the thickness of the latter that will be subjected to the pressure No?

3 Likes

Presumably, you're looking to calculate your pressure bladder.

It is indeed useless, but a calculation of fatigue seems more judicious to me.

At the very least, you can try to justify the fact that the bladder has no influence on the result of the test.

3 Likes

My bladder has a diameter of 50mm in order to fit into the neck of the fire extinguisher which has the same diameter, only the body has a diameter of 300mm, so the bladder must go from 50 to 300mm.

The fatigue study will be done after once I am sure that the bladder is holding a cycle.

Hello

1) Why limit the diameter to 50 mm? Latex is flexible so no problem getting it into the neck.

2) Even with a ratio of 50 mm to 300mm, it's not huge, you can do a test with a condom:-D

An example of a test:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9FqO_z_O6Q

2 Likes

A soccer ball bladder has the right diameter

and yet the passage section is minimal

(I'm talking about the old balloons) ;-)

The current diameter would allow with gravity to empty the fire extinguisher without the need for pumping.

The example of the condom is known, I would like to try to find its results on SW.