SOLIDWORKS simulation weld bead non-normal faces with any angle

Hello

I made a structure in mechanic. I go through the hulls in order to have access to the weld seams.

I cancel all the links in the connections.

For two 90° shell elements, no problem, it detects the common edge, on the other hand on a gusset or an inclined element, it's not the same, no compliant selection.

Not knowing if this is a voluntary limitation of this tool, I ask you this question in order to close this simulation part.

Have a good day, thank you in advance.

Spectrum.

Attached is a 90° case.

3_cordons_de_4_mm.jpg

Hello

One thing escapes me. Why use the "shell" function for a mechanically welded structure?

Kind regards.

1 Like

Hello

The mechanically welded structure is a problem for me, the dialog box wants surface or sheet metal bodies. Maybe a trick? I don't know so I go through hulls.

Thank you for your question, it will allow me to assimilate a good method.

corps_surfaciques.jpg

Hello

Ditto why use the shell function???

While there is a solder bead function, one for drawings and another for 3D... Why take the lead on this???

@+.

Hello

I put my request incorrectly, in fact it is not a representation of the bead that interests me but to have the evaluation of the welding apothem with the mechanical resistance of the weld parameterized always > x2 for my part starting from an S235, I set 450 N/mm^2 for the weld. There you go.......

Thanks for the interest.

ctrl_soudure.pdf