SolidWorks simulation determine constraints

Hello

I'm running a study with SolidWorks Simulation, but I'm having trouble interpreting my results.

As can be seen in the attachments, this is a two-part forging tool. The outer part called the Frette and the inner part called the core. Both have a different material and have a snug fit of 0.10 on the Ø. The purpose of my study is to know if 1 my interference diameter is the right one and 2 if the value of my interference (0.1) is suitable or not. I therefore do not apply external loads since my contact between set 2  Tight fit generates stresses and deformations.

I also filled in a contact, no penetration on the horizontal side of the two bodies.

My basic model being symmetrical, I cut them to 1/4 (I could have done more but it distorts my results). So I applied an advanced imposed displacement of the Symmetric type

I blocked my model with a bottom plane support, a top plane support and I blocked on the outer cylindrical surface in rotation and translation but I kept a possibility of deformation on its diameter.

I made a mesh on the curvature with two mesh checks, one on the inner shape and one on both sides + radius of both faces in interference.

For my results I don't know how to interpret them. Do I need to plot my results in a cylindrical coordinate system?

I'd like to know what the tensile stress is in my fret and in compression in my core

On the attached photo, I have stress concentrations on my inner shape but even with an ultra-fine mesh it remains so I don't take it into account.

Material Properties:

• Fret-Z38CVD5 1246MPa Yield Strength / 1460MPa Tensile Strength
  • CE79 Carbide Core Yield Strength 3000MPa / Compressive Strength 3630MPa / Tensile Strength 2650MPa

Thank you in advance for your answers

image_1.png

No one?

Issue Resolved

Sorry I couldn't help,

but out of curiosity how did you solve it?