Solidworks - remove function and keep sketch

Hi all

I just reinstalled solidworks 2014 (following a change of PC) and I have a very simple but disturbing problem... When I delete a function, it also removes the sketch. Example: I draw a circle to make an extrusion, then finally I decide to remove the extrusion to make it a material removal... However, this removes the circle from me and I am forced to draw it again.

With a simple circle it's not too restrictive, but with a complex sketch it's much more annoying.

I had to activate an option/preference unconsciously, so I would like to remove this " rule " in order to keep the sketches when deleting functions... But I can't find the solution.

Do you have an idea?

Thank you

You need to "Undo the removal of child functions".

See this: http://help.solidworks.com/2014/french/SolidWorks/sldworks/c_suppress_and_unsuppress_features.htm?verRedirect=1

1 Like

with the right mouse click on the function

Don't you see the parent-child function?

@+

Hello

And if you simply did Tools/Options and you click on restore see below 

1 Like

@ vspemens :

Why restore and thus lose all the settings?

1 Like

Thank you for your feedback.

But I have a hard time expressing myself, when I say "delete" it is via the delete key on the keyboard or right click of the mouse on the function then Delete/Delete and not by clicking on the icon represented by a gray square surmounted by a yellow square as you seem to be referring to.

Great, thank you!

I took the advice of vspemens and it worked. Anyway I didn't have to make any particular settings.

To give more information>

Indeed I had checked the box "Delete absorbed functions" of the dialog box that appears during deletions.

In addition I had checked "no longer display" and therefore this window no longer appeared and therefore I didn't know where to restore the setting.

Thank you for your help.

3 Likes