Solidworks - value of auto-bend radii

Hello

In a sheet metal pliece, how do you systematically match the bending radius to the thickness of the sheet?

The "default" value corresponds to the last value entered, so not necessarily to the thickness of the new part.

Hello

You have to right-click on "Sheet metal(1)" which is located in the first "Sheet metal" function of the creation tree of your piece and choose the radius you are going to use for this part.

After that, all spokes will default to this value and you can repeat this task at will.

Have a nice day.

4 Likes

Hello

I think we need to make a template table.

Here's how it works: http://help.solidworks.com/2013/french/SolidWorks/sldworks/c_sheet_metal_gauge_tables.

Kind regards.

1 Like

You can save a part document template (prtdot) with a sheet metal feature that you delete before you save it. As soon as you want to redo a sheet metal part, you will start with this model.

See the attached file. Be careful, I used the SW2013 version, but you can make the model with any version of SW.

piece_tolerie.zip
3 Likes

Thank you for your answers, I'll look into all this as soon as possible

Hello

I agree with b.morel, we need to create a template table that imposes the radius according to the thickness.

There is an example table in C:\Program Files\SolidWorks Corp\SolidWorks\lang\French\Sheet Metal Gauge Tables\sample table - steel - english units.xls

With this file, the online help and the creation of a document template or template table is automatically assigned, you will be able to do whatever you want.

@+

2 Likes