SolidWorks Visualize

Hello

Do you know how SolidWorks Visualize is distributed? Is it an add-on module of solidworks or is it included in one of the packages?

Thank you

1 Like

Hello

During the SolidWorks 2016 presentation, they presented this software to us as being independent. That is to say in license only without obligation to join SolidWorks.

[edit] On the other hand, it had apparently not yet been released in October 2015 but only in presentation...

1 Like

Thank you for the clarifications, I couldn't go to this year's presentation so I missed some information on the news.

I read I don't remember where it was integrated into solidworks pro and premium... if anyone can confirm

Right, you're right:

"To make it quick and easy for you to create high-quality marketing images, SOLIDWORKS Professional and SOLIDWORKS Premium now come with SOLIDWORKS Visualize (formerly known as Bunkspeed). "

http://www.solidworks.fr/launch/#12498

And they say here that it is indeed an independent application: http://files.solidworks.com/pdf/SW2016_Visualize_DS_FRA.pdf

Therefore:

- Independent application

- But the standard version is distributed with SOLIDWORKS Professional and SOLIDWORKS Premium 

So the Pro version is surely available independently

This product is the result of Dassault Systèmes' acquisition of RealTime Technology, the group to which Bunkspeed belonged (initially attached to the Dassault Systèmes 3DXCite brand)

It will therefore be a new standalone product available in 2 versions :

It will be offered as a standalone product

It will also be offered to SOLIDWORKS Pro and Premium customers under maintenance (the license will remain standalone and can be installed on a machine other than the one hosting SOLIDWORKS)

• SOLIDWORKS Visualize Professional (roughly  equivalent to BunkSpeed Zoom)

It will be offered as a standalone product

It includes all the features of SOLIDWORKS Visualize Standard, plus:

• Animations
  • Generation of 360° product reviews viewable on a browser
  • Scheduling Renderings

This product is intended for those who need to generate very realistic renderings without monopolizing their SOLIDWORKS license at a final stage of their project:

• High performance (CPU and GPU usage). E.g . on a station equipped with a Quadro M5000 the gain is x10 compared to a rendering in PV360 (for a higher quality)
  • High quality: Unbiased rendering engine (light simulation)
  • Can be used by a service that does not have SOLIDWORKS (open SW files directly)

PV360 remains the ideal tool for generating fast realistic renderings at any time during project development (the advantage of its integration with the SOLIDWORKS interface).

Availability is announced for after SOLIDWORKS World (February 2016). Prices have not yet been announced...

7 Likes

It's not on the DS website that I had read it but your link confirms it, it will be distributed with Sw pro. On the other hand I agree with you it is not in the basic install of SW 2016 SP0.1

SOLIDWORKS Visualize is being beta tested by customers who requested it during MyCADday and by major SOLIDWORKS resellers.

As the product is still in the middle of a refinement session, the final Setup is not yet available for download (former Bunkspeed customers still have access to the latest version of Bunkspeed before the renaming to SOLIDWORKS Visualize).

It is not planned for the 2016 version that the setup will be integrated into the general installation like the other products (maybe for SOLIDWORKS 2017?) ...

1 Like

For what you want to see the Beta, you can download it at this address:

http://www.solidworks.com/sw/products/visualization/visualizebeta.htm

It's certainly not the last, but if you've never tried Bunkspeed, this is your chance!!

Have a nice day