Problem with repetition of a function driven by a curve on a silt face that is unscrewed

Hello

Attached is a jpeg to show my concern cited in my question, the idea being to "be able to recover" the flattening of this pierced silt face... and send it to the plasma for cutting, quite simply, but it fails!!

Thank you in advance for your answers

Sincerely, Pierre

repetition_pilotee_par_une_courbe.jpg

Attached is the SW 2016 file

2meilhan.sldprt

Doing the repetition on the unfolded is surely easier to do than on the volume (since the normal of your repetition changes with each occurrence in the 3d)

1 Like

Anyone have a solution?

Yes I agree, only in the curved parts does the circle-hole change shape, right?

Thank you for the answer

In other words, the circle drawn on the unfolded will change shape in the curved-curved parts with the roller, am I clear?

And if you create your material removals via your assembly since at some point you will have bars 

so in your assembly you create new rod parts, you position them correctly with a penetration from each other (bottom top)

then you can via a boolean operation create the vacuum on the handrail 

from there your handrail and (your inf stringer) is with its removals of matter 

you just have to find your piercings via flat in surface

Finally for me under SW premium 2017 it's possible 

not sure you can do it in 2016 

@+

1 Like

Hello @pierre32.debat 

It is quite possible to make holes that are square to the surface and this at any point on the surface where you made the first hole.

On the other hand, each hole is to be made by hand, no automatism possible. You have to make a sketch that allows you to make the plan of a hole + a sketch of the hole and a removal of material for this hole. Repeat the operation for each hole. On the other hand, I don't know what it will do when unfolding.

I'm in the 2019 version

Kind regards

PS: AMHA the non-unfolding has nothing to do with the holes since even without holes I didn't manage to use what you put for the flattening. You have to wait for my fortich colleagues to tell you how to flatten your bar and AMHA you have to remove everything that is not the bar since you gave us a PART and not an ASM. In addition, on occasion, someone can explain to me why your bar is not treated from the beginning as a sheet metal while Pierre 32 starts from mechanically welded.

I'm thinking here of the recent tutorial of @ac cobra  presented at the challenge

meilhan_zz_2020-11-11_12_58_50-window.jpg
1 Like

Good morning

Great thank you for all the answers, I see more clearly!!

"To be continued"!!

Sincerely, Pierre

Hello

If you want to keep the same modeling principle to get your holes, you can use a Boolean operation as said @gt22 

Instead of doing a removal of matter you create a body according to the same parameters.
Then during the snooze operation you select "Body" instead of "Function"
And finally you do a Combined/Subtract from your Stringer minus the repeated bodies.

repete.jpg
1 Like

Jourbon,

I will try this solution and keep you informed, continuously!!

Thank you