Problems with Solidworks 2016 (batch properties)

Hi all

A little presentation first of all:)

I have just arrived in a company, I have no experience and all alone at the BE.

That being said, the problem I have is that I can't generate an automatic unincrement of my assembly and my parts with batch properties v2015.16.05.

It's supposed to rename my files by adding a prefix but if I apply, a loading bar appears.

After the loading is finished, nothing happens and my parts are still not incremented.

Hoping I was clear. 

Thank you very much.

batch.png

Answer, to copy a project and rename the part and assembly en masse and possibly the drawings you have to use projectmanager and not batchproperties which only allows it to rename the properties of the files!

Or there is also solidworks explorer but which is much less powerful than the MyCad projectmanager utility.

3 Likes

Super

I just used the project manager tool...  

And that's exactly what I wasn't likely to succeed :)

Thank you very much for your speed.

Hello I come back to you a little for the same thing that's why I'm taking back the discussion page, sorry if I had to do otherwise.

Now a question I forgot to ask the other time is the difference between the project manager tool and the take-home composition? 

I can also add a prefix or subfix by including drawings and 3D parts/assemblies.

Sincerely:)

Hello, personally I use export rather than project manager due to lack of skill in mycad utilities, and it works just as well.

Kind regards

Okay ok, 

Well I just made a take-away composition and I don't see the difference, it's fine for me to go through it.

Thank you for your answer:)

1 Like

due to lack of time to learn the tool, I'm like G650S, otherwise to answer the question (projectManager vs Compo to go) see page 25 of the document presenting the utilities: http://www.lynkoa.com/sites/default/files/ressource-product/pr_sentation_des_utilitaires_2017_2.pdf