Mesh problems with a part

Hello I am trying to make a calculation simulation, but I have a problem with this part the mesh fails, someone could explain to me in advance thank you.

Kind regards.

linkoa_plat_1435.sldprt

Your part is 2.5mm thick, what mesh value do you put in? Ideally, you need a value much smaller than 2.5mm.

1 Like

Hello, in fact I leave the default mesh. I tried to modify some value but I'm afraid of distorting the results, I don't really know where I need to modify the size of the mesh.

Kind regards.

The finer the mesh, the more accurate the results will be!!!!!!!

1 Like

To modify the mesh, go to 

Simulation > Options > Default Options > Mesh.

See Help: 

http://help.solidworks.com/2012/French/SolidWorks/cworks/IDC_HELP_MESHSOLID.htm?id=6875e0db0ae74d529ffeb3c622c3d47f#Pg0

1 Like

Hello to have enough results I advise you minimum 2 elements, 3 would be the best here I think...

You have a mesh length of 37mm for a thickness of 2.4...!!

You have to put a 1mm control on the edges. For control you go to Simulation, mesh and apply control.

You take the 2 edges of the thickness and then put them at 1mm of stitch length. The rest you knit as usual with a length of 30mm I think. 

Like that his ;) walk!

rom's

sans_titre.jpg
1 Like

Thank you all.

@rom's this is the conclusion I had reached, thanks to the others for contributing however Rom's answer seems to me to be the most relevant.

Kind regards.

I meshed it for you a little better, the one in the picture was a bit disgusting...

This should be more bô with another control on the split below (ctl1 at 1mm for thickness and ctl 2 on split below at 6mm, general mesh length at 30mm)...!

rom's

desktop.rar
1 Like

Thank you very much rom's great on the other hand what is the second one for?

Kind regards.

Hello

This type of part is not calculated in volume.

It is typically of the surface structure., the thickness is small compared to the dimensions.

I have reservations about the results obtained with this type of modelling.

4 Likes

Agree with Thierry but I have never used SLD in neutral fiber.

I put a second control simply to homogenize the elements and have an increase in the mesh length a little more even. In the 1st image we have a lot of elements with low ratios (base/height dimension of the element must be as close as possible to 1) so from a simulation point of view, it's a sagoin mesh...  

With a smoother transition, you get fewer large ratios and therefore a more reliable result!

rom's

1 Like

@thierry this piece is part of a whole, I want to believe that my experience in EM is poor even if it interests me greatly.

What are your tips for making this simulation as good as possible?

Kind regards.

@samos024: my answer is a bit late but the solution is to calculate in surface modeling but I think you have already solved your problem.

My advice is that you have to be very careful when using finite elements, it's not a black box.

There are training courses on the subject that can be very useful for beginners. see L0x course on the CETIM website.

http://www.cetim.fr/Formations?recherche=l01&type=-1&x=0&y=0

http://www.cetim.fr/Formations?recherche=l03&type=-1&x=0&y=0

Good choices and at your service

1 Like

@thierry thanks for the links.

Indeed I managed to get out of it however difficult to be sure that I have apprehended everything properly, that's my problem today to be sure of having done well.

Thanks for the links.

Kind regards.