SpaceMouse Pro Latency

Hi all!

since last Thursday, our IS has provided us with a SpaceMouse Pro to find out if it would suit us.
The handling was not complicated
The software includes a very intuitive trainer
but once you're in SOLIDWORKS, I have small latencies that make the use unbearable (except with small models with which everything goes well).

For information; I am using SOLIDWORKS 2022 SP05

Would anyone have had to deal with the same problem?
And is there a solution?

Thank you in advance!

Bjr,
Useful a spacemousse for years and I've never had a soucis.il happens as you say latencies but it's once a day and again and it only lasts a few seconds.
I am super satisfied with this product.
may the force be with you.

Hello

I had tested this kind of equipment about fifteen years ago. At the time, the slightest micro movement on the space foam made the model move and therefore recalculate the display (so cube on a big model...). It was much less fluid than with the mouse.
It strongly resembles what you describe.
There may be options in the driver to limit this phenomenon (it would be surprising if they haven't evolved in 15 years).

Yes, 15 years has changed a lot.
There are indeed sensitivity settings that can be adjusted for each of the axes.
Personally, I can't do without it, it's really too comfortable.
At first I wanted one to relieve my right hand index finger because it was too much used between zoom de- zoom click wheel. Now the zoom is done from my spacemousse in my left hand and my pain has totally disappeared.

1 Like