Cone spiral with a spline

Hello community

I am trying to make, by means of a spline, a wrap around a cone on 2 or 3 turns, the ends of which would be tied like a scarf. Everything will be scanned with a circle profile. A thread, in short.
First of all, I would like to know the best method to obtain "perfect" circles for my turns.

Hello
projected curves? ( is perfection in Sw? Humor!!! An entelechy?)

In fact, I would like to make a thread wrapped around a cone. Like a coil.

So a conical spring?
insertion/curve/helix-spiral:
then check Conical propeller:

I don't know from which version it was implemented in SW.

1 Like

Thank you for the answer but I had already tried with helix but it doesn't work. I need the first coil to be flat on the horizontal plane, and then the next coil to rise only at the moment of contact with the previous coil The actual behavior of a wire.
Illustrations to try to be clearer (sorry for the mouse drawing, it's a bore):
Roughly I want this:

while a helix gives me this:

As the blue arrow indicates, I want the wire to be plated on the gray cylinder.

So I would like to use the spline tool to be able to make stacked horizontal " buoys " with the possibility of going from one floor to another, and finally to be able to tie the ends. I tell myself that there is only one spline that gives me this freedom, except that I am not familiar with splines in SW. But to use splines in a 3D sketch with stitch handles, I need to be able to get as clean a rim as possible, just like if it was done with the circle tool.

Otherwise 3D sketch that you hang on your cone. It's just an incomplete circle and then you reread them together for your floor change dropout. And finally scan or construction profile welded to your 3D sketch

3 Likes

Is this solution suitable?
Conical Propeller.SLDPRT (621.4 KB)

2 Likes

Hello

Another possibility is with splines in a 3D sketch that connect "open " circles.
Circles are generated by the " Intersection Curve" feature on the sketch toolbar, between a side notched conic surface and a small series of datum planes.

Each spline has only two points so as not to cause too much mobility. They are constrained at the end handles, tangent with the circles, and of identical lengths for all (same curvature by dimensioning).

Kind regards.

WindingConical.SLDPRT (528.6 KB) - SW 2020

3 Likes

And with a curve driven by an equation ???

@Sylk and @m.blt

A small remark that does not call into question the last proposal.
My pipefitters always want me to have at least 1 cm (strictly straight part) between the two spoke connections, which should modify the slope between two levels a little.

Kind regards