Remove Coincident Geometry/Interference When Exporting to STL Format

Hello

I recently started 3D printing and modeling on Solidworks.

I have already made a few parts that I have exported in STL format. However, I currently have a few copies with an assembly.

To start I imported (in volume I think) an STL file that I modified . I repeated the operation with a second file also in STL format.

Then, I created an assembly containing these 2 parts, I constrained the pieces in order to place as desired.

The following image shows the 2 rooms (one grey and the other blue).

Only, when I want to export my file in STL format I get this error message:

And if I continue the recording, I end up with a file that is unusable with my 3D printer.

By using the interference detection tool, I can highlight an area that corresponds to the junction between the 2 rooms. In your opinion, does this area have anything to do with my error during registration?

By searching on the internet I saw various solutions: sewing the surfaces, thickening etc ...

Unfortunately, no solution solved my problem (by the way, maybe I misuse these functions??).

So I'm asking for your help to know how to properly export my assembly :-)

Thank you in advance for all the help you can give me.

Good night

Adrien

Hello.

There must be a problem with your STL file (non-parallel side or something). Have you made an error diagnosis and are you sure that they are in volume??? Otherwise you open a file and then select STL as the type and you go to the options and there you will see what you have checked as an option.... And if not, edit your second piece and the extrusion, do it up to the face and then select there...

1 Like

In the end, should you have one or 2 rooms?

If it's to have a single part, try exporting the assembly as a part and then do an extrusion to have only one body.

Otherwise, print the 2 pieces separately or space them out in the assembly (just for printing).

2 Likes