Remove greyed-out files from the vault

Hi all

I wanted to know if anyone knows a way to delete in one fell swoop

all the folders and or files greyed out in the vault (if I'm not mistaken, these files

match the local view of the vault but tells us that these files have been deleted

in the trunk).

Thank you

If these files have a particular extension

Type *.extension in the search bar. Then select all and delete.

Hello

If I'm not saying stupid things you have to be an administrator and on the local view make a right click Properties and in the "deleted articles" tab you can delete completely.

@+

1 Like

if you empty your local cache, you must not have them anymore (if I remember correctly!!!)

1 Like

Hello

Several possibilities:

Don't show these files anymore: they're there but don't show up!

Delete them automatically (be careful, in this case all the files must be in the EPDM!), maybe to do it once, then uncheck the option?

See these links:

http://www.javelin-tech.com/blog/2013/08/epdm-grey-folders-and-files-in-the-local-vault-view/

http://www.javelin-tech.com/blog/2012/07/epdm-grey-folders/

1 Like

@Lucas,

if the directories are grayed out on the clents workstations, it means that these directories no longer exist on the EPDM server and that the client workstation has not cleared its local cache since the deletion of this directory.

So from the workstation or client workstations you can delete the directories without any risk.

1 Like

Normally, the @flegendre solution meets your needs.

On the other hand, be careful, I don't know if it happens to you, but sometimes I have files that are grayed out, but not of my own volition. These are files that have not gone through the EPDM, and on which you have to right-click "Add to Vault". If this is your case, you will lose those files too.

Careful:

a greyed out directory or file can also be a file present in EPDM (and therefore stored in the local view) to which the user connected to EPDM at the moment does not have access (in the case of a workstation shared between several users, some of whom do not have access to all the contents of the Vault).

I just had this case during my EPDM setup: I had imported files into the local view with the admin user. The next day I log in as a normal user and everything appeared grayed out. A quick look at the groups settings box allowed me to see that normal users had no rights on the vault (so it didn't have access to the files entered by the admin the day before in the local view).

1 Like