Swept surface with 2 guide curves

Hello, I'm looking to make a twist with two circles of different radius as guide curves. and I want the guide curves to keep a perpendicularity to the helical all the way, to make a nice unicorn horn^^

image in PJ.

It is impossible to find it without the guide curves keeping their starting orientation.

Any ideas?

Thank you! :)

dsqsqddsq.png
1 Like

Hello

Rather than a balayage, you should move towards a smoothing. This allows you to select multiple sections.

1 Like

With image.

screenshot2826.jpg

Smoothing does not work. "Guide curve No. 1 is invalid. It does not cross section No. 2.

In your image, the profiles remain parallel to the original ones during translation. I would like to remain a guide remaining perpandicaular to the guide curve.

I'm not sure I'm very clear^^

moreover I have as a guid curve a 3D sketch

Hello

Can you pass us the file to do tests.

Logically, by playing with the different swiping options, you should achieve your goals.

@+

and for fun a bending ;-)

go to surface it's + simple

see attached file SW 2012

corne_de_licorne.sldprt
1 Like

Here is the file in PJ.

gt22, I have DL your part and indeed it works in this one it's exactly what I'm trying to do. But when I try to reproduce it, impossible. Amazing in your function of suface you don't have a guide curve selected, only the 2 profiles. 

[img]http://i.imgur.com/bxOEV1b.png[/img]

And when I deselect the guide curve and reselect it, it doesn't work anymore. Strange, isn't it? (SW 2015)

unicorn.sldprt
1 Like

See Construction Line Parameter

3 Likes

general! 

Thank you.

1 Like