Thin surface on existing solid

Hi all

I'm starting out and looking for a way to create a surface following the lines of my 3D sketch (with a low thickener, such as the sheet metal transition ply function) on my existing solid that you can see as an attachment.

Thank you in advance!
Have a nice day

1 Like

It's up to you to go to Surface Tool

and via the fill tool

Filled area

The Filled  Area feature allows you to construct a fitting that consists of any number of sides and whose boundaries are defined by model edges, sketches, or existing curves. You can use this function to construct a surface to fill a discontinuity in a model. Use the Filled  Area tool to do the following:

• Fix a part that is not imported correctly into SolidWorks (there are faces that are missing).

• Fill the holes in a part used for casting cores and impressions.

• Construct a surface for industrial design applications.

• Create a volume.

• Include functions as independent entities to merge these functions.

To create a filled surface:

1. Click Filled   Area (Surfaces toolbar) or click Insert, Surface, Fill. 

2. Set the options in the PropertyManager.

3.  Click OK .

@+ ;-) 

3 Likes

Hello

Perform a surface smoothing, select the lines as profiles and create a guide curve on the contour, and thicken with the thicken function...

2 Likes

Thank you for these answers,

It's actually quite quick to do! Nevertheless, I find myself confronted with wave-type shapes where the surface bulges to make a parallel join to the "arrival" surface. Is it possible to use guide curves without having this effect, to have something straight at the intersection of surfaces?

Thanks again

PS: screenshot attached.

temp4.png
1 Like

creates additional lines to maintain this said surface

and not do all the surfaces in 1 go 

Step/Step

after a seam will close all this

@+

1 Like

You shouldn't do everything in one surface, do it in 3 surfaces --> 1 symmetry  --> sew the surfaces

1 Like

see this file under SW 2012

you have 2 examples 

-1 per smoothing

- 1via stitched surface

surface_mince_sur_solid_existant_ludovic.pe_.sldprt
1 Like

Thank you, it works great.

Question NB: What is the point of sewing surfaces when they are already juxtaposed and should the whole thing be sewn with the original structure?

Thank you again!

Is there any need to mention solved somewhere?

1 Like

For the solved yes there is a need to choose the answer one has solved this question 

Go to the chosen answer and click Solved

Sew allows you to copy multiple surfaces together for symmetry

@+ 

And sewing allows you to merge several surfaces into one, so you can thicken and merge with your volume piece.

PS: no there are only surfaces that can be sewn

2 Likes

Thank you!

Have a nice day

2 Likes