Surface for simulation

Hello everyone,

I have a very simple question about the simulation, I have a 1000x1000 plate and I would like to apply a force in the center on 100x100 only. How do you apply this force without creating extra thickness?

Thank you very much and have a good day!

It is impossible to do simulation on surface.

You need volume for that. Why not make a your plate with its thickness and make your simu?

Hello

The purist solution:

On your face (or an offset plane if it is not flat), draw a sketch corresponding to this 100x100 square.

Then do Insert/Curve/Divide Line. Select the "Projection" option, the previously made sketch and the face where you want it to be projected.

Validate and it's won. Note that this implies that the constraints that were attached to this 1000x1000 face are now wobbly.

The practical solution:

Which does not play on constraints.

Draw the same sketch, but extrude it by one th (like 0.1mm) It slightly modifies your geometry.

5 Likes

You have to make a trace (impression) of 100x100 in the center of the plate and apply a force on this face.

I don't understand Bart's comment about the surface.

The volume in this case seems useless  to me unless it is a thick plate.

Simulation can be popularized, I believe in it, but be careful, you have to be careful.

With anything you can do anything.

Finite Element solutions use certain basic notions that are good to know to avoid anything or everything.

Simulation is not  just a "push-button" or "black box" solution.

2 Likes

Hello

@Bart volume pkoi only??? SolidWokrs simulates with either volume, shell (surface) or bar (mechanically welded) in the SolidWokrs Premium version.

So to answer the question, all you have to do is create, as Benoit says, a dividing line on the surface.

@+

2 Likes

Hi BATCH123

See these tutorials

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=_D6fhjydP1Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=vxczDuuejso

This is enough to open some doors for simulation

The simulation works all the better in surface for certain elements

@+ ;-))

Hello

- for your 100x100 game, you draw a sketch of your square and you make "dividing line"

- then you do your simulation study

-you convert your part into a shell to optimize your calculation, if sometimes you didn't use the sheet metal function for the design.

-When you put your strength you can now have the possibility to select the partitioned face. (photo attached)

Have a nice day

capture.jpg
2 Likes

Hello

Personally I do a 0.1 extrusion of the 100x100 square

the 0.1 is in fct of your mesh => smaller tjr ^^

After that, there are several choices of strength:

Surface strength

Strength

Force density (the most accurate in my opinion)