SW 2019 YOUR REVIEW

Hello Community,

A short survey, what do you think of solidworks 2019?

May the force be with you.

2 Likes

Top on Windows 10, a little less on Windows 7

1 Like

Hello

Set up for 3 weeks, no problems to deplore for the moment, pretty good ...

Kind regards

1 Like

Hello OBI WAN

Very happy to see you back for a few weeks ;-)

I have been using SW 2019 SP1 since December 2018 and I am happy with it.
It is especially on large complexes that it makes the difference because it is faster.
It is mainly the people who do mechanical welding who must find satisfaction and also those who design from surface. Relief shapes from an image are a real plus (for those who don't have the use of them).

With Solidworks, it all depends on what you do because SW is very suitable for several professions. For example, I almost never do sheet metal work, or mechanically welded assemblies, while others never do kinematics. So to answer it, it would be necessary to do so by major activity or rather by type of activity of the company that is asking the question.

On the other hand, it is still as sensitive to crashes. This is something I've noticed since at least 2018, if I click too quickly between certain actions, boom, it wallows. This happens especially when SW does the automatic save because if you do certain actions PLAFff will be waffled. However, there is a mini improvement because  now there is a message that says SW is busy and that we have to wait.
There is  always the phenomenon that forces you to close and reopen regularly when you do kinematics (memory saturation or accumulation of information by the software and it gets lost) and becomes nervous like stew fat. Indeed, after a while, you start to have commands that no longer respond or functions that are no longer accessible such as the quick Ctrl function, click on two parts to put the constraints while the classic command still works. We then have to go back to the classic constraint control. Once you know that, you have to be very attentive and not waste time at the risk of losing the last 10 minutes of edits: just close everything and restart SW and everything is fine again.

As they say  on all merchant sites "would you recommend it to a friend? " so I say YES without hesitation, especially since the force is with us ;-)

Kind regards

PS: I'm hesitating to go twenty-twenty

2 Likes

Hello to all the speakers

@zozo_mp shared pleasure.

I ask this question because since the switch to SW2019 I find that I have big slowdowns.

A plan to be done in DWG takes me 8h00 knowing that I am at the beginning of the project and that my assembly is 1% of its final size so I am afraid. An assembly with us makes about 2000 parts  48500 bodies. it's the size of a Stade de France without exaggeration.

I am in contact with the hotline, if I have an explanation, I will not fail to share it.

1 Like

Hello

I'm in 2019 Sp4. I think it's pretty good.
Much less bugs than 2018, but a lot of slowdown with the DXF/DWG plans.

On the other hand, anyone to try 2020?

For @OBI WAN

a few days ago this problem of slowness with the DXF was raised and someone -whose name I forgot (Oupsss!) -  gave an explanation and it seems to me a solution.

Kind regards

Look here https://www.lynkoa.com/forum/solidworks/taille-fichier-dxf

1 Like

Hello

Having gone from 2016 under W7 to 2019 under W10, my observation is the opposite of yours.

I have a new HP Z4 station with SSD and all that, but it's a horror. I estimate that I lost 30% of productivity because of SW's slowness.

On the assemblies, it's still manageable but the slightest drawing takes a phenomenal amount of time. I get to the point where I can double click and modify 3 dimensions before letting go of my mouse and patiently watching the progress of the actions I have just done. Otherwise, I have to wait almost 1s between each mouse click or action on a keyboard key.

The info manager installed a small software to purge the memory every hour and avoid restarting SW 5 times a day, but it's not a panacea.

I'm quite surprised by the feedback, given the problems encountered.

PS: we have 12 stations at the BE and all of them are experiencing these slowdowns

1 Like

Hello

@zozo_mp my problem is not the size of the file it's that I have huge difficulty making these dwg @@##§§!!!.

@ Pascal I am exactly in your case 15 pc std including 2 pro and yes big slowdown on all pcs. For your information, what is your core business?

1 Like

@OBI WAN we make tooling for stamping presses

It's funny because according to the visiativ hotline, we are the only customers with whom they have these problems.

Their answer: when you restart SW it gets better. If it doesn't work, restarting the PC solves the problem, so it's OK we've found a solution for you...

I have come to dream that the constraints of the automotive industry will be applied to IT. 30% loss of productivity => 30% reduction in the bill, and 2 days of non-productivity for problem finding => penalties charged for lost production. It encourages us to look into the problems and give better answers

1 Like

Hello @OBI WAN and @pa5cal

It would be worth creating a new thread on this PB.

In this topic, can you make a complete description of the problem with examples with showable on the net. I think that by going to a US site we have a better chance of getting an answer. If you can't do the description of the PB in English I will do it for you.

Kind regards

Hello, I spent 1 hour with the hotline, pc handling etc...

So for the moment no real miracle solution but I should be contacted  again soon. On the other hand, he explained to me that my pc was badly adjusted for sw. I am attaching a document with the changes they made. If it's not clear I'm at your disposal.

I'm testing like this and I'll  see if there's any change. I'm on W10 32 giga of RAM 4.2GHz  nvidia quadro M2000 for eu the pc is perfectly adapted for SW it is not to be questioned.

That's it makes things move forward and thank you for sharing your opinions on  his changes.

problemes_resource.docx
1 Like