SW - Customized, Mechanically Welded Bookcase

Hello Community,

I am looking to create a mechanically welded construction with a carpentry aluminum profile (a somewhat complex shape).

1st step, I import my purge profile with duplicate removal on a SW plan, then I don't forget to select the sketch to save it in the Lib Feat Part (so far no problem).

2nd step I open a new file on which I create a sketch, then mechanically welded function I find my profile created, BUT when I select my elements I get an error message "Invalid member profile. Verify your library function".

I did find this type of message on the forum, but it only dealt with duplicates or lines that cross, and I was careful to purge and delete the duplicates in autocad.

You would have an idea for me

Kind regards

Copy and paste your sketch into a solidworks part and try the extrusion if it doesn't work, the problem is a crossing or a duplicate line.

1 Like

An important point that I omitted to mention is that when I create my sketch by DWG import, I can't extrude the part.

Whereas if I do the same thing by creating any shape in autocad, the extrusion works perfectly

Hello

Can you share your dwg so we can take a look?

I had the copy and paste, indeed the extrusion doesn't work.

I go back to my AutoCAD file to look for the error, however when importing, I took care to set 0.1 the fusion of 2 close points

Attached is the profile in question

profil_cadre3.dwg

As a further info, after testing, when I remove the 2 insulating barriers that hold the 2 shells, it works.

conversely when I remove the 2 shells and keep only the insulating barriers, it works too...

It's the mix of the 2 that doesn't work.

It's normal that it doesn't work because at the bottom the two profiles intersect. We have to modify this crossing and it will work. Here is the part under 2016

profil_cadre3_ac_cobra.sldprt
4 Likes

Well done,

it seemed to me, however, that I had done the trick well.

Thank you very much for your participation in solving my problem.

1 Like