SW crashes after 23 lines in the build tree

I was on the manufacture of a part and when it was time to validate the sketch SW crashed and no longer responded,

I changed to see if it was related to the file but after a little while it was the same result and I realized that it happened when I had 23 lines in the construction tree...

I'm a beginner on SW so I don't really know what to do. I have SW 2017.

I have attached the file if it helps.

Thanks in advance

screwdriver_bit_pz2.sldprt

Bug not related to the number of lines, we have parts with much more function than that.

After all, it is true that the more function there is, the more it can crash, and if you have a slightly light PC configuration it can accentuate the defect.

Your part is perfectly openable and modifiable on SW2018. (see SUP function on attached image).

Your problem comes in my opinion would perhaps be more material than due to the piece.

embout.png
1 Like

yes I suspect that C is not related to the number of functions since on SW 2014 I was making more complex parts, but it's a particularity that I had noticed.

As for my PC configuration I doubt it's that, I have a "gamer" PC so enough power.

Wouldn't it be related to my SW?

Remember, a gaming PC is not made for solidworks. And can therefore cause problems for this see the solidworks recommendations and many topics at this level.

To test your graphics card:

http://www.solidworks.fr/sw/support/videocardtesting.html

And also in your start menu, search for Solidworks Rx and then tab Diagnostics and see if everything is compatible. (a driver that is too recent is not necessarily compatible with SW even if the graphics card is compatible)

3 Likes

As said + above a gaming pc so gamer graphics card is very often incompatible SW

what is the configuration of your PC

Proc graphics card RAM

@+

1 Like

Hello

I added about ten functions so as many lines with the sketches that go well and well no PB with the SW 2019.

On the other hand : I'm a ball in surface and I'd be interested to know how you transform Surface Boundary 1 and 2 into volume to be able to make a circular repetition. of this part of the play.

Will you be able to repost your piece when it is totally finished I am curious to learn how to do it :-) :-)

Kind regards

Hi @ Zozo 

you have to create a complete envelope so x surface area sews them

and there is an option you want to create a volume

just click the box 

after circular repetition

that's it

@+

3 Likes

Thank you gt22

Have a good weekend    before the New Year's Eve libations ;-)

See you soon

Hello, I do have an allerte on SW Rx (see photo attached), I went to the SW site to see if my graph card and my drivers are compatible but impossible to check...

my config: MSI GL63 8RD / i5-8300H 2.3GHz / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

Installed  drivers:  C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nvmi.inf_amd64_c99bb6be88afbc28\nvldumdx.dll,

Driver version: 23.21.13.9085

Thank you for your help, happy holidays to all

sw_rx.png

See this link

https://www.lynkoa.com/forum/import-export-formats-neutres/realview-sur-gtx-1050-ti

@+

1 Like